Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Family Day

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Nora’s loyalties are stressed as she is called upon to take revolutionary action. Nathan’s visiting family prompts him to consider what he wants out of his afterlife. Luke invents a new sport.

Premiere Date: March 11, 2022

621ffd006bf1c.jpg
71x9yqaSqbL._SX536_.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania

Those digital babies were so creepy that I kept laughing when they showed one. This show continues to have a nice balance of comedy and seriousness, but I wish the plot would move faster.

• Love 4

It was so funny to see how they handled the effect the two year gap had on the two child actors. They're actually fortunate they didn't grow a lot more, especially the young boy. 

It was pretty dark watching the Luds disconnecting uploads randomly. You can tell we're headed for territory where the Luds want to disconnect Nathan and /or Luke, people Nora actually knows. The symbolism of Nora leaving a package to go off in a public place, where it could possibly destroy random uploads and ruin their families' visits was pretty obvious. 

• Love 3

Nora is really unlikeable this season. Not sure what she sees in Matteo (other than a rebound). Also, athough her dad was portrayed as a luddite, it seems out of character for him to be a full-on cult member.

Agent Cheeto also works for Horizen, right? If so, then why do they need Nora at all - couldn't he have hidden the ring drives around the office and released the worm into Lakeview? 

I can't wait for the fallout when Nathan realizes Ingrid didn't upload. 

• Love 2

Why did they make Nora so dumb and wishy-washy this season? Why is she falling for Matteo's less-than-charming 'I'm better than other people because I have a cause' schtick?

If I'm being honest, I don't even remember Nora expressing much interest in the Luddite cause, but now she's willing to carry out attack on a nebulous group of rich people, and their priority appears to be this digital afterlife because... why?

I still don't get why women are so hung up on Nathan. He's blandly nice and handsome, but he really isn't the sort of guy I'd expect Ingrid to be this much of a mess over.

Did I hear right - this is a near-future where the US has fought a war in Iran? Seems dicey to even make jokes about that.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2022 at 11:10 AM, Danny Franks said:

Did I hear right - this is a near-future where the US has fought a war in Iran? Seems dicey to even make jokes about that.

I think it's more likely that it was yet another war in Iran, not the ones we've already done. I can't remember specific examples, but I think there have been references indicating that this show takes place decades into the future--maybe 2050? I know there was a reference to 2028 (can't remember exactly what) and Lucy had a file box labeled 2030, but I got the impression that the 2028 reference was to something old-fashioned and that the 2030 files were also old. But I could be totally wrong. And the fact that the characters all dress the way people dress today does suggest that this is not that far in the future...or else they didn't have the budget to come up with futuristic costume designs.