Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Wine & Art

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yet another sitcom episode where one person has to teach another person how to dance.
Not only has every sitcom in history done this, but Home Economics just did this a couple of weeks ago.

It's so weird!

Great song at the end of the episode.  The photo moment was wonderful, but who didn't see the marriage thing coming? Come on.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The photo moment was wonderful, but who didn't see the marriage thing coming? Come on.

ITA.  Nice season finale, but predictable.  From the slow dancing, the proposal, even Fay’s feelings for Anthony being revealed through the photos.  You could basically see the direction were things were heading.  Although I thought Talia would see the photos and put two and two together, not Anthony.

That said, I’m hoping GC gets renewed.  The writing could be a little sharper, but the cast works well together and I like the quirky humor of the show.  I need to catch up, though.  I’ve missed a few episodes and didn’t know that Fay had a thing for Anthony.  Was kind of hoping they would avoid that route, but oh well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Well, this wasn't a bad episode for a season finale.

I hope Noah quickly realizes that his wine guide "girlfriend" isn't in love with him and just wants to get married so she can stay in the U.S.  When Nicky finds out about her scheme, that wine guide better run for her life. 🤣

Anthony cracked me up with his dirty Magic Mike dancing.  Didn't know he had it in him, lol.  I loved the slow dance with Fay, and I could feel the heat between them while sitting in my living room.  Now that he's seen how she was looking at him in Sherm's picture, I predict he'll drop his new girlfriend like a hot rock next season (if there is one).

This could be a good show but my issue all along has been that they mostly act like a bunch of 10 year olds instead of adults.  l know they try to be funny and witty, but sometimes their antics are just too much.  In the opening scene where they were "orgasming" over the orange flavored wine or whatever it was, at first they were funny but then it just went on too long.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Amethyst said:

ITA.  Nice season finale, but predictable.  From the slow dancing, the proposal, even Fay’s feelings for Anthony being revealed through the photos.  You could basically see the direction were things were heading.  Although I thought Talia would see the photos and put two and two together, not Anthony.

That said, I’m hoping GC gets renewed.  The writing could be a little sharper, but the cast works well together and I like the quirky humor of the show.  I need to catch up, though.  I’ve missed a few episodes and didn’t know that Fay had a thing for Anthony.  Was kind of hoping they would avoid that route, but oh well.

Thank you, I had no idea it's the SF.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

In the opening scene where they were "orgasming" over the orange flavored wine or whatever it was, at first they were funny but then it just went on too long.   

They weren't meant to be orgasming. They were doing impressions of James Brown. He made funk music and the wine was "funky." Kind of a silly pun, but also kind of clever.

I didn't know it was the finale, either. I hope it gets renewed. I wonder what's going in that time slot next.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

They weren't meant to be orgasming. They were doing impressions of James Brown. He made funk music and the wine was "funky." Kind of a silly pun, but also kind of clever.

Oh, I'm quite familiar with James Brown and I know they were trying to imitate funk, but they just looked orgasmic to me by taking their act too far.  

21 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Oh, I'm quite familiar with James Brown and I know they were trying to imitate funk, but they just looked orgasmic to me by taking their act too far.  

This made me think of Mapleworth Murders. Nicole Byer has a guest spot that show, and her character has a wine-induced orgasm in the middle of a party. Way over the top. I guess that's her thing.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Useful 1
On 3/9/2022 at 12:13 PM, Crashcourse said:

This could be a good show but my issue all along has been that they mostly act like a bunch of 10 year olds instead of adults.  l know they try to be funny and witty, but sometimes their antics are just too much.  

I really want to like this show, but the writing is just so lame.  There is no way that Wyatt and his wife would have gotten so into the sexual innuendo in front of all those people, at such an important opportunity for him, that she lined up because of her savvy-ness.  But even worse, was what they did to poor Wyatt as an artist.  There is no way that a serious photographer would have just taken a random model (Sherm) and decided to have him just sort of act out random goofy themes that he may or may not have been able to successfully portray, and basically cross his fingers that it would turn out OK for such a big occasion.  Also, it was confusing how they portrayed the actual art show.  It really seemed like with Wyatt being late, that they were trying to portray that he also brought his artwork with him at that time...no f*ing way would any gallery owner ever let that happen.  It just makes him look small-time and incompetent, but we are supposed to believe in his professionalism.

And I guess I'm just dense, because never in a million years would I have thought from the photo of Fay behind the bar, that the look on her face was longing for Anthony.  

• Love 1
19 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I really want to like this show, but the writing is just so lame. 

Quoting myself because I just realized that Noah's new gf and Nicky had already met at the winery, so why on earth would they think that having Nicky wear that ridiculous wig and outfit, and act completely different, would be an effective strategy?!  Just plain stupid, and exasperating, and kinda insulting for us as viewers.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Quoting myself because I just realized that Noah's new gf and Nicky had already met at the winery, so why on earth would they think that having Nicky wear that ridiculous wig and outfit, and act completely different, would be an effective strategy?!  Just plain stupid, and exasperating, and kinda insulting for us as viewers.

It feels like they don't know what do with Nicole Byer. The times when Nicky is serious (doing real estate, befriending Faye, talking with Noah about their relationship) her character is really good, but her comedy comes off as sillier than the other characters.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rorysmom said:

I love this show. I also loved Happy Endings, so I am all in for this type of banter.

Had never heard of Happy Endings (available on Netflix and Hulu), but just saw that Prentice Penny was a producer, and since he was the show runner of Insecure, I'll check it out!

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Had never heard of Happy Endings (available on Netflix and Hulu), but just saw that Prentice Penny was a producer, and since he was the show runner of Insecure, I'll check it out!

It picks up steam after the first few episodes! I hope you like it!

On 3/14/2022 at 3:44 PM, LuvMyShows said:

it's sooooooo good

• Love 2