Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: This Is Who We Are

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Didn’t expect Tommy’s long lost brother to be interested in getting into the drug game.

Me too.  Now he confesses to dealing when he was younger. Wonder he got in that situation with his father always around him.

So JP hired custody lawyers and private investigators a long time ago and still haven't paid those bills? And they didn't come through as he lost the case and doesn't even recognize his son standing in front of him!

Another kill for Gloria Claudia. She's on a roll. And there's Tommy again to help her bury a body. He should start charging her! Tommy quickly gets there to move Reggie before the police arrives.

Funny the show easily leaving out the Chicago PD from the plot! They can easily connect the dead Serbs to the dead bodies (Simon and Elijah) from Flynns and CBI and start an investigation.

Did Tommy call Tariq about using the building lockers. What's the point of delivering the the building. Tommy can bring the drugs to Soto and Moishe  the same way he did in the first episode. That plan seems easy fail if the police put one of the buyers on their radar.

Liliana always like to approach people with sarcasm and rudeness!!!!!

The show already established there's no police around, the lazy Serb could have gotten out of the SUV and shoot Vic and Gloria instead of filling the car with holes. 

More Serbs dropping. This show tells us they are dangerous/not to mess with but always show them easily getting taken out.

I would be funny if Walter killed the wrong guys.

What was waitress thinking just standing there?! Run after the first shot fool!  Afterward, she probably grabbed the dead Serb's credit card to pay the bill and give herself a fat tip and forgot to tell Mirkovic Walter killed them.

Does Walter have enough soldiers to go to war with the Serbs?

Jenard, Vic, and Diamond voted to buy Tommy out after one encounter with the Serbs. The show is not portraying these established Chicago gangsters as tough minded in this situation.

Goodness! Diamond beat Tommy's record to get in bed with a woman. Tommy got with Gloria quickly after their first meet and Diamond got with Adrienne in no time. Unreal!

I guessing Adrienne is working with the Seamus to setup Diamond? And why didn't Rick tell her to not sit in his booth from the start? Adrienne's phone buzzes and she opens to an old article of Diamond. What!? She came of like a Bond Villian. I guess to her: Diamonds are Not Forever!!!!!

I am not feeling the jacket Tommy was wearing. Didn't like the design. Plus he should have had a tie to go with it.

These 2 FBI agents are embarrassing! They raid Walter and left the office looking stupid after Caludia gives them some invoices. Then they stop Paulie and are left standing breathing in his car exhaust with nothing accomplished. And they still haven't caught on to Tommy. A demotion or firing should be in their future!

Diamond has a soft spot for White boys. Huh!? Did he have a soft spot for the cop that had a gun on him?

Look at Diamond and Jenard working together now that Tommy is gone.

I wonder what happened to the senior CBI members that took over after Diamond was sent to prison. 

Was Dmac following Tommy on his bicycle? I wonder how he find out Tommy is his uncle.

Tommy thought the monorail from Disney travelled to Europe!

I don't feel sorry for the chemist. She showed off to a greedy person and it spread to other greedy people and now she's stuck in this mess!

What the hell job did Mai the orphan have to buy a clean lab almost fully stocked supplies and computers for Tommy and Gloria to take over!? This one of many convenient happenings in the Power universe!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Another kill for Gloria. She's on a roll. And there's Tommy again to help her bury a body. He should start charging her! Tommy quickly gets there to move Reggie before the police arrives.

Isn’t her name Claudia? Or am I tripping? Or is she Gloria? Yes?

tenor.gif

42 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Did Tommy call Tariq about using the building lockers. What's the point of delivering the the building. Tommy can bring the drugs to Soto and Moishe  the same way he did in the first episode. That plan seems easy fail if the police put one of the buyers on their radar.

I think they're trying to remain anonymous so that the non-participating Flynns don't catch on.

44 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

More Serbs dropping. This show tells us they are dangerous/not to mess with but always show them easily getting taken out.

The powers that be seems to do that with the entire Power universe. They send mixed  messages on that. Lobos was scary, powerful, and untouchable and then he wasn't. The Jimenez were scary, powerful, and untouchable until they weren't. Milan was creepy, scary and untouchable until he wasnt, and then the same with Jason Micic. Lorenzo and Monet were scary and powerful until they weren't. The powerful and untouchable people are powerful and untouchable (and therefore unkillable) until that part of the character becomes inconvenient for the plot.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Yes. Claudia. I keep getting the names mixed up!

I'm usually good with character names but this particular Power series, I barely know anyone's name. If it's not Tommy, Diamond, or Jenard, I can't be 100% sure if the name is accurate.

I only just firmly remembered Jenard's name, without needing to rewatch the episode, maybe 2 or 3 episodes ago.

Before on the threads for the previous episodes, the moment I get lost is when a post starts mentioning character names and I'm like "who?"

Edited by AntFTW
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

These 2 FBI agents are embarrassing! They raid Walter and left the office looking stupid after Caludia gives them some invoices. Then they stop Paulie and are left standing breathing in his car exhaust with nothing accomplished. And they still haven't caught on to Tommy. A demotion or firing should be in their future!

I find it sloppy how at first scenario we're introduced to are our characters looking out for local Chicago cops, the crooked cop, and the cops being near omnipresent, and the law enforcement angle is suddenly shifted to the FBI and all of a sudden we don't see and hear anything about the local police anymore.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Jenard, Vic, and Diamond voted to buy Tommy out after one encounter with the Serbs. The show is not portraying these established Chicago gangsters as tough minded in this situation.

This was SOOO stupid! You each bury one person and suddenly you're scared? Did no one seriously consider the possibility and risk of someone dying during this takeover venture? You all really thought this would have been a clean operation with no death or blowback?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I think they're trying to remain anonymous so that the non-participating Flynns don't catch on.

I see. More for Caludia's sake than Tommy. Tommy wouldn't care if they knew it came from him.

The ID badges at the convention center confused me. I didn't see Soto and Moishe wearing any when the picked up their packages. Earlier we saw Tommy and all the background characters wearing badges. Must have been a quick crypto conference! I guess people can just walk in and not show ID or sign in at times.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

The powers that be seems to do that with the entire Power universe. They send mixed  messages on that. Lobos was scary, powerful, and untouchable and then he wasn't. The Jimenez were scary, powerful, and untouchable until they weren't. Milan was creepy, scary and untouchable until he wasnt, and then the same with Jason Micic. Lorenzo and Monet were scary and powerful until they weren't. The powerful and untouchable people are powerful and untouchable (and therefore unkillable) until that part of the character becomes inconvenient for the plot.

And Dante the ex-army "whatever" snitch with a huge arsenal of weapons gets taken out quickly. 

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I find it sloppy how at first scenario we're introduced to are our characters looking out for local Chicago cops, the crooked cop, and the cops being near omnipresent, and the law enforcement angle is suddenly shifted to the FBI and all of a sudden we don't see and hear anything about the local police anymore.

The police only show up when the plot calls 911 for them to appear.

The first episode, we see all these cops driving around the "hot" city and told they are cracking down on crime. Since then, there's a brief appearance of them chasing the Yardies (still don't know if they caught them) and the one cop asking for Crypto tips. Now they are all on vacation or at the convention center. 

59 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

This was SOOO stupid! You each bury one person and suddenly you're scared? Did no one seriously consider the possibility and risk of someone dying during this takeover venture? You all really thought this would have been a clean operation with no death or blowback?

I can see Jenard as the one who came up with the idea to get Tommy out, as he hates him and will find any reason. I guess after the failed drive by, this was plan B??!!!!!!

Vic is young and doesn't really know what he wants. He will just follow along.

But Diamond. He was down with whatever Tommy proposed and now he wants him out. Very odd he agreed to this.  

2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm usually good with character names but this particular Power series, I barely know anyone's name. If it's not Tommy, Diamond, or Jenard, I can't be 100% sure if the name is accurate.

I only just firmly remembered Jenard's name, without needing to rewatch the episode, maybe 2 or 3 episodes ago.

Before on the threads for the previous episodes, the moment I get lost is when a post starts mentioning character names and I'm like "who?"

At times my Closed Caption puts the names of who is talking. Bless the person who created this function! I would be lost with some names.

• Love 1

What in the hell is going on with the writing? Who is Adrienne? Who sent her to seduce Diamond?

I feel like Gloria is a fool to keep fucking with Vic like this. If he was really serious about her he would arrange for them to move away. Papa Flynn is scary and would hurt her (he might not go for murdering her right away but he would fuck her face up). I liked Claudia in the beginning but she’s not as bright as she thinks she is. 

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

So JP hired custody lawyers and private investigators a long time ago and still haven't paid those bills? And they didn't come through as he lost the case and doesn't even recognize his son standing in front of him!

I assume JP took on debt (unsecured loans and credit cards) to pay for all that and has been consistently been playing catch up- mortgages on the club (he may own the building), add in a divorce, he may have lost any equity in a home he owned.

Now he’s living in the grandmother’s house and renovating it, deep in debt and probably just making enough to cover groceries and minimum payments- WHO is paying for the nice nursing home????? That’s got to be a plot point because they are leaving us hanging. 

One thing I caught that grinds my gears is Papa Flynn telling Claudia after that FBI (raid? inquiry? fill in the blank) at their clinic that the reason he doesn't let her join the "front of the house" of the family business is that she's never where she's needed... and I'm like "cut the bullshit. You're grasping at straws. Don't pretend this little thing is the reason you won't let her give involved on the drug side. Even if she was there right when she was needed, it wasn't changing your mind."

I just hate when people do that in general. 😤

11 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Now he’s living in the grandmother’s house and renovating it, deep in debt and probably just making enough to cover groceries and minimum payments- WHO is paying for the nice nursing home????? That’s got to be a plot point because they are leaving us hanging.

Just so I'm clear, this is Kate's mother, correct?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Just so I'm clear, this is Kate's mother, correct?

Yes- the house they are in is Kate’s mother’s house. But the mother has a place in a very nice skilled nursing facility- that’s where JP first saw Tommy and wanted to know who he was because JP and his dad had been her only visitors since she went in. 

• Useful 1

Claudia said her dead business partner Mai was an orphan. Sure. I'll be impressed if someone does come looking for Mai and they just happen to be a notorious Asian gangster who's going to want what would've been her cut of action.

A dialysis center as a drug distribution front. Guess pain centers went out of style, huh?

Setting up a savings account for future payoffs to the Serbs. I'm amazed Diamond fell for that. Jenard is probably sending most of that money to Costa Rica in case he needs to skip out in a hurry.

Tommy stylin' and profilin' in his suit with cutouts. Talking all proper too. He ain't got time for crypto.

Pretty sure Tommy made D-Mac peering at him around the street corner.

Worst FBI agents ever. They keep jumping the gun and coming up with zero. They don't really seem to have the lay of the land.

So did D-Mac get spooked by seeing Tommy with his father?

Guess Gloria can handle herself in a gunfight.

A drug that changes color in your hand while you're looking it. Okay. Though I suppose body heat could cause a chemical reaction which affected the color. Whatever. Not even once. 😒

The way to a man named Diamond's heart is through his stomach. Bet Adrienne's going to poison him via the food. (However, over on reddit they seem to think she's a journalist doing an expose on Diamond.)

Claudia is stacking up the bodies, lol.

Wow! Walter can just walk up on the Serbs alone and armed? Bow down, m.f.-ers! I actually screamed when he head-shot those three guys.

Did Tommy call Tariq about using the building lockers.

Ugh, I hope not. Screw that little brat. Tommy is winning the Power Book game! (At least until Raq comes back in PBIII season 2.) On one show about drug dealers I've watched, they used bus station and airport lockers so I guess it's not a novel idea. 

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Pretty sure Tommy made D-Mac peering at him around the street corner.

I was thinking that too and he probably did.

On 3/13/2022 at 11:59 AM, mxc90 said:

Diamond has a soft spot for White boys. Huh!?

For a second I thought it meant that he was gay....until Adrienne bounced his long goody (loved how sexually free she was!), I had that vibe.

On 3/13/2022 at 3:33 PM, mxc90 said:

The reactions from the people taking the hit of Dahlia was funny.

Only Tommy's response was sexy for some reason (Okay, so I'm besotted with Joseph Sikora, leave me alone!)

On 3/13/2022 at 11:59 AM, mxc90 said:

On 3/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, AntFTW said:

THIS!  Like Tommy was saying during the eppy, this is who we are!  

I didn't like Tommy's suit either, was wishing it was a normal one....at any rate, he cleans up so gooood.

I like Tommy and Claudia now, they crack me up like him and Lilliana.

I believe I counted 9 'n*****' from Jenard this eppy, lol.

Wellity wellity, lookit Papa Flynn all hardcore and shit at the end, he had me yelping when he shot up everybody.

• Love 3
On 3/13/2022 at 10:57 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I assume JP took on debt (unsecured loans and credit cards) to pay for all that and has been consistently been playing catch up- mortgages on the club (he may own the building), add in a divorce, he may have lost any equity in a home he owned.

A misstep if the parent(s) thought to name after J.P. Morgan.  This J.P. is not handling his finances well.

I know this show is not much about positivity but it could have been a nice moment for Tommy to talk J.P. out of wanting to sell drugs and give him an inspirational story/bend the truth a little about how Ghost built "Truth" into a thriving club and encourage him to do more for his bar to make more money.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, mxc90 said:

A misstep if the parent(s) thought to name after J.P. Morgan.  This J.P. is not handling his finances well.

You name your kids after things you want... like Diamond (assuming that's not a street name) 😂

• Love 1