Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Can't Look Into His Eyes: Eve of the Counterattack, Part 1

Even though Levi said he'd accept Eren into the Scouts, the military puts Eren on trial, every action he's taken so far is under scrutiny.

Not much to say about this episode. I think I see the appeal of Levi. :) I do think that OST has been turned way down and that makes me sad. :(

Edited by PrincessEnnui

I didn't realize any random guy could start yelling during a court martial. The premier was pretty easy going about all the interruptions.

The section chief who does the sniffing is the premier's son, isn't he? I think I caught the same last name.

• Love 1

First of all, I don't like the new Intro or closing..

I didn't realize any random guy could start yelling during a court martial. The premier was pretty easy going about all the interruptions.

I thought that was the point. The Premier had already made up his mind, and it was up to Erwin to convince him otherwise. Also, I think it was to show how much clout the merchants and Wall Cult have over the government and military.

The section chief who does the sniffing is the premier's son, isn't he? I think I caught the same last name.

No, the Premier's last name is Zachary, and the sniffer is Zacharias.

I liked the contrast in both appearance and their interpretation of the news between the people of Wall Sina and Wall Rose.

• Love 1

Did they introduce the guy with glasses sitting next to the Premier? If they did I missed it.

The newish guys from the Scout Force are just a wee bit odd. One is just a little too enthusiastic about pain, and one likes to smell new acquaintances. Sasha would be a perfect fit for them.

Also, I think it was to show how much clout the merchants and Wall Cult have over the government and military.

I think the ep wanted to reveal that about the merchants and the Wall Cult, and also show that the Military Police was a little more weasel-y/hidden-agenday than your average, corrupt law enforcement.

I think I see the appeal of Levi. :)

Oh, he's totally the quiet brooder and

OCD neat freak

. In comparison, I think Erwin's and Zoe's badassery gets overshadowed (and Zoe's such a cloudcuckoolander that that's usually her character's focus). Zoe took down a titan just as easily in her introduction as Levi did.

I'm not as big a fan of the second opening, but I actually prefer the second full-length theme to the first (and I like them both).

• Love 1

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I don't like Levi. Kicking a kid when he's handcuffed is wrong, even if it proves that he's not the huge danger others make him out to be. I don't care if the Tooth Fairy gives Eren a buttload of money for the lost tooth . . . it's still wrong. And he probably would have smacked Mikasa to the side if not for Armin.

ETA: Second intro is nowhere near as epic as the first.

• Love 1

After seeing that the dub went up to Ep 13 and not wishing to wait every week, I decided to continue watching the sub after the Battle of Trost. The second opening did take a while to adjust but as the plot got a bit more interesting, I LOVE the opening now. The ending not so much.

Levi's character development does take a while to grow on people but I think he gets more interesting as things progress. My fav. of the Special Ops Squad is Petra.

Edited by Eri