Type keyword(s) to search

Twisted Metal - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Okay, I'm going to be a downer. Sorry. I know we all want Fury Road the TV series, but there's no way they can do that on a TV budget and schedule. Not for eleven episodes! Sooner or later, has anyone else watched those figure 8 races on YT? Even outside the drivers not wanting to get hurt, they're sad affairs. There may be one or two episodes with that level of vehicular carnage.

But on the bright side, Angel Giuffria is in this! I've followed her on twitter for a few years now, it's always nice seeing her get work.

Twisted Metal       July 27, 2023           Peacock    10 episodes

Twisted Metal, a half-hour live-action TV series based on the classic PlayStation game series, is a high-octane action comedy, based on an original take by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick and written by Michael Jonathan Smith, about a motor-mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. With the help of a badass axe-wielding car thief, he’ll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck.

Edited by AnimeMania
(edited)

Twisted-Metal_S1_keyart-1650.jpg

Based on several Playstation Video Games, the first debuting in 1995, where a vehicular combat tournament in a colosseum was held every year and the person in the last vehicle standing was granted a single wish from a powerful magical being called Calypso, Imagine a demolition derby where any type of vehicle is allowed to use any type of weapon and filled with "car-nage". The TV Series strays from this concept by making the United States a post-apocalyptic wasteland and a driver has to successfully deliver a package through this hellscape.

In a post-apocalyptic wasteland, John Doe, a talkative milkman with amnesia, is given a mission to travel across the "Divided States of America" through Lost Vegas, trying to make it to New San Francisco to deliver a cryptic package in order to stay alive. Alongside the assistance of Quiet, a rash car thief, Doe faces a life-altering opportunity but must confront ruthless marauders in deadly and destructive vehicles to secure a chance at a better future. 

a7M3ykPe8Xzv7GuYDExkVP-1200-80.jpg.webp
TwistedMetal_S01_Teaser-screencap-3-700x

Anthony Mackie as John Doe, a smart-ass milkman who talks as fast as he drives. With no memory of his past, he gets a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make his wish of finding community come true, but only if he can survive an onslaught of savage vehicular combat.

anthony-mackie-as-john-doe-with-stephani

Stephanie Beatriz as Quiet, a ferocious, badass car thief who acts purely on instinct – you couldn’t stop her any more than a manhole could stop a volcano. Coming from a community that oppressed her into silence, Quiet’s wish is to find her place in this dark, chaotic world. But when she becomes clouded by her need for revenge, Quiet forms an unlikely, antagonistic bond with John Doe.

Richard Cabral as Loud, Quiet’s boisterous and overprotective brother.

thomas-haden-church-as-agent-stone-in-tw

Thomas Haden Church as Agent Stone, a cold and unyielding post-apocalyptic highway patrolman (villain) who rules the roads with a silver tongue and a twisted iron fist, prosecuting even the smallest crimes with the harshest of judgements. Agent Stone will stop at nothing to bring law and order back to the Divided States of America, and will kill anyone in his path who defies his power.

TwistedMetal_S01_Teaser-screencap-4-700x

Will Arnett as Sweet Tooth (voice)
Joe "Samoa Joe" Seanoa as Sweet Tooth,  a hilarious and terrifying hulk of a man, who is as emotional as he is cunning. A lover of chaos, this majestic rage-filled killer dons an ever-smiling clown mask and uses “Lost Vegas” as his own personal kill-ground (villain), all while he drives his infamous doomsday ice cream truck.

neve-campbell-as-raven-in-twisted-metal.Neve Campbell as Raven

Tahj Vaughans as Mike, Stu’s best friend, the Rosencrantz & Guildenstern (two minor characters who's actions takes place in the periphery of the main story line, typically for comic relief) of this world, and together often find themselves to be more followers than fighters.

stephanie-beatriz-as-quiet-and-anthony-m

Mike Mitchell as Stu, Mike’s best friend.

Lou Beatty Jr. as Tommy, a grizzled and weathered cartographer who knows the dangers of the Wild Midwest.

Chelle Ramos as Jamie Roberts

Michael Carollo as Carl

Chloe Fineman as Mary

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1

Oh, I thought. Is that Angel Giuffria? I follow her on twitter and she's great. No it's Stephanie Beatriz. Nothing against her, but I was hoping for Angel.

Otherwise, this trailer looks... very much not my sense of humour. Fury Road is my favourite movie. I want more post-apocalyptic vehicular mayhem, sure. But this? I dunno. Less than a year until Furiosa is released!

Twisted Metal       July 27, 2023      Peacock 

Episodes 1-10   Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: WLUDRV
MV5BZGRlOWU1M2YtZjdjMi00MTQ5LWI2NGUtMGZj
A motormouthed outsider is offered a better life if he can deliver a package across a wasteland.

S01.E02: 3RNCRCS
Twisted-Metal-072523-2.jpg
John finds his mission thwarted by two unpredictable adversaries; Agent Stone recruits new members.

S01.E03: NTHLAW1
twisted-metal-cast-4.jpg
John and Quiet are caught in an unexpected trap; Agent Stone tests the loyalty of his new recruits.

S01.E04: WHZDARE
NUP_198284_02234R_104.jpg
John makes a dangerous deal to get desperately needed supplies; Quiet questions her future.

S01.E05: CRZSRDS   
twisted-metal-cast-3.jpg
Quiet closes in on her search for revenge; John gets incapacitated; Sweet Tooth wreaks havoc.  

S01.E06: DRVTHRU
NUP_198429_03077R_106.jpg
John and Quiet seek shelter from a dangerous storm in a familiar place; Quiet reflects on her past.

S01.E07: NUTH0UZ
NUP_198564_03524R_107.jpg
John and Quiet make a pit stop; John reunites with a contact; Sweet Tooth bonds with a follower.

S01.E08: EV3L1N    
NUP_198565_01433R_108.jpg
John and Quiet go undercover on a rescue mission; John faces an out-of-control opponent.

S01.E09: R04DK11   
NUP_198661_00365R_109.jpg
Unexpected allegiances begin to form; Quiet gets to work; John makes amends.  

S01.E10: SHNGRLA
(Season Finale)
NUP_198746_01510R_110.jpg
Everything comes to a head as John and Quiet face a difficult choice; new players enter the fray.

Finished the season. It was decent and the 25 minute ep times helped. They left it open for a Season 2 and stream volume was apparently positive, so who knows.

(Blood Drive was better because Colin Cunningham was just so damn good.)

Edited by Tachi Rocinante