Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: What Is Burning?

Pallas
  • Start Topic

The show went from cool to stupid in that last scene. I thought the show was excellent until that point. It was bad enough that the hacker's computer can see everything that Jenny is doing as she moves through the building. It would have been so much better if Jenny turned into the She-Hulk at the end, I wouldn't even have minded if she wasn't green.

When Jenny shook Chris the hacker's hand there was a red light glowing there. Was the red light in Jenny or Chris' hand and what was it for.

I like the scenery, the city is beautiful.

• Love 1

I didn't mind the camera contact lenses. Tech companies have been working on that tech for years (Google had a prototype but I don't know what happened to it)

The red light that flashed was in her hand. I guess other people don't notice it? She does mention what that's all about in a later episode.

I just blew through all 8 episodes in one day and I thought the show got much better as it went on!

Edited by SoapDoc
Bad spelling! In need of an editor...
  • Love 1

This seems like it was written 10 to 20 years ago, sat on a shelf somewhere and then was hastily rewritten to make it work in the current day. She is trying to "score" some Levi's in 1994? She got forgotten about "when Russia's economy collapsed"? There have been economic crises in russia, but overall their economy has always been terrible. Why would the FSB  forget about her because of that?

This all screams "her spy days were supposed to be set in the sovjet union but we couldn't make the timeline work".

I guess the actress is playing a bit older? She was born in 1980, so in 1994 she would have been 14. But she is clearly at least 18 in those scenes.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:13 PM, AnimeMania said:

It was bad enough that the hacker's computer can see everything that Jenny is doing as she moves through the building.

I didn't have a problem with the hacker seeing her and maybe her immediate surroundings. I can fanwank that the suit just has that many cool sensors. But people rooms away? Yeah no, bullshit.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:13 PM, AnimeMania said:

When Jenny shook Chris the hacker's hand there was a red light glowing there. Was the red light in Jenny or Chris' hand and what was it for.

I think she used her super power to make her handshake firmer. Pretty stupid, if you ask me.