Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E16: Penélope Cruz, Pedro Almodóvar, James McAvoy, Nicole Lecky

• Start Topic

Liked this one.  For an experienced hair & makeup person, Penelope’s hair was terrible. Yeah, that’s all I can say, she’s gorgeous.  
James McAvoy seems a little creepy. 
I wish I could see of the programming, tv & movies the guests speak about. Our BBC1 channel sucks. I think Graham is the only actual British show on. 
Anyone have Britbox?is it worth paying for?  Do they carry BBC2? 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Anyone have Britbox?is it worth paying for?  

It's $7 a month, try it out for a month.  Worst case scenario:  you're out 7 big ones.

I wish Almodovar and Cruz got a chance to speak more about Parallel Mothers, it was one of my favorite movies of 2021.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Useful 1

Even better was when Nicole Lecky was using her Spanish on Penelope Cruz, asking her to be her best friend ("mejor amiga"), and Graham asked what she said, adding that all he heard was "whore." 

I'm kind of resigned to having guests on video sometimes, but it just doesn't work when they're trying to be part of the panel. 

I think I saw McAvoy's lips starting to turn red when he was telling one of his stories.  Nothing like what was in the photo from when he was young (yikes!) of course.  What a strange affliction.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm kind of resigned to having guests on video sometimes, but it just doesn't work when they're trying to be part of the panel. 

Graham said he was going to turn off the video, at least of Penelope so she wouldn't have to be "on" all the time, but that didn't seem to last too long. I think they video guests should be on for a specific time and then bid adieu. It makes it easier for everyone, IMO.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Graham said he was going to turn off the video, at least of Penelope so she wouldn't have to be "on" all the time, but that didn't seem to last too long.

I gathered that she was there to help translate for Almodovar if he wasn't understanding what people were saying. 

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think they video guests should be on for a specific time and then bid adieu. It makes it easier for everyone, IMO.

A big part of the magic of this show is the flow, and even talking over one another a little.  It's kind of okay if the Graham and the video guest are talking, or if one of the guests is talking to the video guest, but when everybody's chatting, like they do so effortlessly on this show, the video guest just doesn't work at all.

• Love 1
On 2/6/2022 at 12:18 PM, sugarbaker design said:

I wish Almodovar and Cruz got a chance to speak more about Parallel Mothers, it was one of my favorite movies of 2021.

I generally have no problem whatsoever with spoilers, and in fact sometimes seek them out because I don't like suspense, but I was shocked at what they laid out as far as the plot.  Just like I was in the movie when I figured it out. 

Was any one else shocked by James story about the woman recording his performance at the theater?? Not only did theater management apologize and give her a free drink, they had him apologize! What goes on in London???? In NYC she would have gotten kicked out. No recording is allowed. And to boot, she was bothering the other theatergoers.

Boy, I would love for that to happen with Patti Lapone on stage!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SusieQ said:

Boy, I would love for that to happen with Patti Lapone on stage!!!!!

That did happen, when LuPone was playing Mama Rose in Gypsy. She stopped the show and absolutely reamed out someone recording her. You can see it on YouTube.

• Love 1

On 2/9/2022 at 9:00 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I gathered that she was there to help translate for Almodovar if he wasn't understanding what people were saying. 

That was my understanding as well so I expected his English to be poor, but he seemed fine.

I found it a bit strange that Graham would turn off her video while she was there (even rude if that was not her request). I would find it more natural if she was there the whole time, except for when they need to show something else on that screen.