Type keyword(s) to search

Heartland - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/31/2022 at 4:48 PM, Aryanna said:

I wish they'd wrapped it up all nice and tidy because I'm not sure they'll have another season. I haven't seen anything official about a season 16 and they are usually pretty up front about whether it's renewed for another season. I hate for the entire show to end like this. They should at least do like a 90 minute finale or something. 

Season 16 premieres this fall on CBC.

Edited by argrow
  • Useful 1
On 6/4/2022 at 12:08 PM, argrow said:

Season 16 premieres this fall on CBC.

That probably means it'll be on Up some time in the spring of 2023. I wonder if I'll be able to do another 7 day free trial. They may be catching on to my little ruse.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:55 AM, dubstepford wife said:

I think he's going to be fairly heavily featured in the next season.  Doesn't he play Amy's new love interest, or am I mixing him up with someone else?

I wondered about that too, but IMDB says he was only on one episode:  Brand New Day (2021) where he was "Finn Cotter"

I really like the ex-baseball player - the one that lives at the ranch next door (Sam Langston). He's cute and has a past to unpack. I think he'd be really interesting paired with Amy, but they don't have him as a regular in 2022, so I don't know.

• Like 1

Happy there was no sign of Luke! The show keeps rambling along without much sense of purpose, it looks like Amy's daughter has inherited her superpowers but then we knew that was going to happen. Social Media within the show's ep made her out to be superheroes but  in reality Amy would have been slaughtered for not standing in front of her daughter to protect her from the charging horse. 

Amber must have been told something as she looked younger and less harsh than the previous season. Her hair was a little different and it seemed like she was caked in make up. 

I'll keep watching but the glory days are well and truly over for this show. I am sure they will keep it going as long as they possibly can. 

Edited by LadyIrony
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

Happy there was no sign of Luke! The show keeps rambling along without much sense of purpose, it looks like Amy's daughter has inherited her superpowers but then we knew that was going to happen. Social Media within the show's ep made her out to be superheroes but  in reality Amy would have been slaughtered for not standing in front of her daughter to protest her from the charging horse. 

Amber must have been told something as she looked younger and less harsh than the previous season. Her hair was a little different and it seemed like she was caked in make up. 

I'll keep watching but the glory days are well and truly over for this show. I am sure they will keep it going as long as they possibly can. 

I'm like you. I'll keep watching but it's not nearly as fun as it once was. It really feels like they should wrap it up. I'd like to see a good finale with some old characters coming back for a nice send-off to the series.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I'm like you. I'll keep watching but it's not nearly as fun as it once was. It really feels like they should wrap it up. I'd like to see a good finale with some old characters coming back for a nice send-off to the series.

I'd prefer to see a proper finale or final season than to just have it Peter out. 

The real heart of the show for me were Caleb and Ashley, once they split up then left the show it started it's spiral.

would be nice to see them come back and Georgie. 

Edited by LadyIrony
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

I'd prefer to see a proper finale or final season than to just have it Peter out. 

The real heart of the show for me were Caleb and Ashley, once they split up then left the show it started it's spiral.

would be nice to see them come back and Georgie. 

I know a lot of people didn't like Georgie when she showed up but I always liked her. I miss her being on the show. And I agree with you about Caleb and Ashley. They were great together. I also miss Mallory. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I know a lot of people didn't like Georgie when she showed up but I always liked her. I miss her being on the show. And I agree with you about Caleb and Ashley. They were great together. I also miss Mallory. 

I didn't like Georgie at first, she was like a rehash of the Mallory character. Heartland like to rehash stories! But as she got older she grew on me and became her own character. 

Caleb was like a proper cowboy/rodeo rider, something the show has lost. There was that Mary Sue character (Jade?) they had for a little while who seemed to go from never riding a horse to being a rodeo star overnight, but that never seemed authentic to me. 

17 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

I didn't like Georgie at first, she was like a rehash of the Mallory character. Heartland like to rehash stories! But as she got older she grew on me and became her own character. 

Caleb was like a proper cowboy/rodeo rider, something the show has lost. There was that Mary Sue character (Jade?) they had for a little while who seemed to go from never riding a horse to being a rodeo star overnight, but that never seemed authentic to me. 

I agree.

Caleb did the rodeo because he loved it. Jade was a Mary Sue and she did it because she had a chip on her shoulder not because she loved it. And a character that's always angry is not a character the audience wants to spend any time with.

• Love 1

What I would love to see is Graham Wardle decide that he made a mistake and come back to the show.  I don't care how they do it: faked death or seasons 14 & 15 a bad dream like Bobby's return on "Dallas".  The only big problem with the dream idea is the age of the child actors. For me, this show went down hill with the killing-off of Ty.  Didn't enjoy sad Amy for two seasons!  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 10/11/2022 at 7:42 AM, LindaT said:

What I would love to see is Graham Wardle decide that he made a mistake and come back to the show.  I don't care how they do it: faked death or seasons 14 & 15 a bad dream like Bobby's return on "Dallas".  The only big problem with the dream idea is the age of the child actors. For me, this show went down hill with the killing-off of Ty.  Didn't enjoy sad Amy for two seasons!  

Ghost of Ty? I think that would work well enough. It's a shame they had to kill him off rather than just send the character overseas/interstate for whatever reason. But then I guess they would be limited in terms of a love life for Amy which isn't happening anyway. 

I'm finding I watch the show and yet don't pay a lot of attention so sad Amy for two seasons is a vague memory! All the best characters are long gone. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Aryanna said:

Agree

I think I continue to watch because I'm a bit of a completionist.

I often dump series when they start getting bad but this one lasted so long before that really started to happen and I guess I have some nostalgia thing with it from when I started watching. I'll keep going but I do find I flake out quite often during the eps.

• Like 1

Thoughts on this season so far? Not much is happening. Caleb appears to have no luck with marriage and the Horse Whisperer clone story was short lived and resolved easily. 

It was nice seeing Mallory return for an ep. Would be good to see Ashley again too. 

Ziya Matheson seems to be the most interesting actress this season. 

On 12/10/2022 at 3:44 PM, LadyIrony said:

Thoughts on this season so far? Not much is happening. Caleb appears to have no luck with marriage and the Horse Whisperer clone story was short lived and resolved easily. 

It was nice seeing Mallory return for an ep. Would be good to see Ashley again too. 

Ziya Matheson seems to be the most interesting actress this season. 

Which season are you watching?

1 hour ago, SusanwatchingTV said:

Okay, thanks.

I'm in the US, so I only have access to Season 15 atm.

I'm hoping season 16 gives us Amy with the neighbor ballplayer guy, but I know I'm dreaming.

I won't give anything away for you then. Oh and it seems I am getting my actors mixed up, it's Baye McPherson not Ziya Matheson. This show tends to burn through the younger actors! 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I'm guessing by the way you're posting that nothing is tied up and we're looking at a season 17 in the future. 

It was a very uneventful season, I can't recall any loose ends. I was kind of "sleep watching" most of the season. 

14 minutes ago, LadyIrony said:

It was a very uneventful season, I can't recall any loose ends. I was kind of "sleep watching" most of the season. 

Hrm...disappointing.

I'll probably watch it when it's available in the states. And although I still like the show I sometimes feel I'm only still watching bc I'm a bit of a completionist. I'm just watching out of duty and inertia more so than bc I wanna know what happens. 

I feel it's gone on too long. It either needs new blood or to come to an end.  Or to have some oldies return like Ashley and Mallory. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Aryanna said:

Hrm...disappointing.

I'll probably watch it when it's available in the states. And although I still like the show I sometimes feel I'm only still watching bc I'm a bit of a completionist. I'm just watching out of duty and inertia more so than bc I wanna know what happens. 

I feel it's gone on too long. It either needs new blood or to come to an end.  Or to have some oldies return like Ashley and Mallory. 

I have good memories of when I started watching it and when it was still a good show. The last few seasons have been pretty dull. 

Mallory and Caleb make visits this season so there's something for you. To me Caleb and Ashley were the true heart of the show and it was sad when they left. I miss Georgie as well which is odd as I couldn't stand her when she started as the annoying little kid. 

I feel like Amber Marshall has also lost interest in the show and just keeps it going for the money as she knows her prospects are limited. Same with most of the cast really. 

Edited by LadyIrony
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

I have good memories of when I started watching it and when it was still a good show. The last few seasons have been pretty dull. 

Mallory and Caleb make visits this season so there's something for you. To me Caleb and Ashley were the true heart of the show and it was sad when they left. I miss Georgie as well which is odd as I couldn't stand her when she started as the annoying little kid. 

I feel like Amber Marshall has also lost interest in the show and just keeps it going for the money as she knows her prospects are limited. Same with most of the cast really. 

I loved Caleb and Ashley. From what I've heard Cindy Busby didn't wanna leave. I wonder if Caleb/Ashley was getting too popular and they were afraid they would overtake Ty/Amy on the show.

I know a lot of people didn't like Georgie to begin with but I've always liked her and miss the character. She, like Mallory, provided separate storylines and a younger perspective. Now they don't have that.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I loved Caleb and Ashley. From what I've heard Cindy Busby didn't wanna leave. I wonder if Caleb/Ashley was getting too popular and they were afraid they would overtake Ty/Amy on the show.

I know a lot of people didn't like Georgie to begin with but I've always liked her and miss the character. She, like Mallory, provided separate storylines and a younger perspective. Now they don't have that.

It was a shame that Caleb and Ashley didn't work out. I understand them having a hard time but for her to just walk away was a bit rough. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason. Cindy is better looking than Amber and Caleb and Ashley were far more interesting than Amber and the Fleming clan. 

On the youth front there is Baye McPherson who is playing Katie they are making more use of her now that the character of Katie is in her teens. But as per the long tradition of this show they just repeat story lines anyway.

2 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

It was a shame that Caleb and Ashley didn't work out. I understand them having a hard time but for her to just walk away was a bit rough. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason. Cindy is better looking than Amber and Caleb and Ashley were far more interesting than Amber and the Fleming clan. 

On the youth front there is Baye McPherson who is playing Katie they are making more use of her now that the character of Katie is in her teens. But as per the long tradition of this show they just repeat story lines anyway.

I'm surprised they haven't made Katie a more active character. They actually seem to be more interested in her friend. 

I also agree with you about Amber losing interest. She seems to just be cashing checks now.

3 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I'm surprised they haven't made Katie a more active character. They actually seem to be more interested in her friend. 

I also agree with you about Amber losing interest. She seems to just be cashing checks now.

I think we will see more of her next season. The actress however looks/is older than I think Katie really is which can get confusing. 

There's not much more that they can realistically do with this show in my opinion. The eps where they went to Mongolia were over stretching it. I think they made a mistake by killing off Ty as well. Even if the actor wanted to leave they could have sent the character somewhere. 

I feel like we're stuck with all of the dullest regular characters. I am bored by stupid by Sam's political career and her goofy assistant. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

I think we will see more of her next season. The actress however looks/is older than I think Katie really is which can get confusing. 

There's not much more that they can realistically do with this show in my opinion. The eps where they went to Mongolia were over stretching it. I think they made a mistake by killing off Ty as well. Even if the actor wanted to leave they could have sent the character somewhere. 

I feel like we're stuck with all of the dullest regular characters. I am bored by stupid by Sam's political career and her goofy assistant. 

I know it sounds like you and I are bashing the show and hate watching but that's not it at all. We're just disappointed bc it used to be so entertaining with good characters.

I agree that killing Ty was a mistake. When Graham wanted to move on the show should've taken that as an opportunity to wrap things up. 

Is Georgie completely off the show now? Do I need to stop holding my breath in hopes of seeing her again? 

I've never been a fan of any of Lou's endeavors. She seems to half ass many things instead of doing one thing well. And she gets bored easily. That's why she hops from thing to thing. She's like a dog chasing cars. She doesn't know what to do with once she catches it. The best thing about her was Peter. And the writers kinda did him dirty.

Edited by Aryanna
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I know it sounds like you and I are bashing the show and hate watching but that's not it at all. We're just disappointed bc it used to be so entertaining with good characters.

I agree that killing Ty was a mistake. When Graham wanted to move on the show should've taken that as an opportunity to wrap things up. 

Is Georgie completely off the show now? Do I need to stop holding my breath in hopes of seeing her again? 

I've never been a fan of any of Lou's endeavors. She seems to half ass many things instead of doing one thing well. And she gets bored easily. That's why she hops from thing to thing. She's like a dog chasing cars. She doesn't know what to do with once she catches it. The best thing about her was Peter. And the writers kinda did him dirty.

lol yes it is more about remembering the glory days of the show than bashing on it out of nastiness. Usually I will dump a show if it declines but I feel some sense of nostalgia for this one so I keep going. I know it won't get any better though. 

If they had to kill Ty then yeah just ending the show would have been better. I can't see Amy finding another meaningful relationship somehow. Amy/Amber even seems bored with the horses. There are only so many confused and traumatized horses she can save!

There was no Georgie latest season. Sorry if that's a spoiler but I think you already got to that conclusion. I think the actresses name is still in the credits though, I can't recall. The actress who plays her is young and attractive so she is probably working on other projects and might make return appearances at some point. 

YES! Lou does just half arse everything. She likes the idea of having the title, crossing something off her list but never seems fully committed to what she is doing. She is doing the same now as Mayor or whatever political title she has, I also feel like the actress is bored with the role and the show but like Amber is showing up for the easy money and lack of opportunities elsewhere.

I think they did Peter wrong too, I also never understood why Lou was so upset with living in Dubai. She marries a millionaire and then gets upset about having to live luxuriously abroad?!

• Like 1

Netflix finally got Season 15 episodes uploaded on their server. I’m rewatching from Season 13… because I don’t want to repeat too long history watch. It says a lot that they kept old title opening with some new updates. 

On 12/30/2022 at 3:56 PM, LadyIrony said:

I think they did Peter wrong too, I also never understood why Lou was so upset with living in Dubai. She marries a millionaire and then gets upset about having to live luxuriously abroad?!

I could understand her not wanting to live in Dubai.  Culture shock.  Far away.  but, when Peter moved to elsewhere in Canada (sorry, I forgot where), that didn't make any sense to me that she wouldn't move.  Also, that Georgie got to dictate her visitation with Peter so she wouldn't miss any jumping.  That annoyed me, also.

• Like 2
On 6/2/2023 at 3:26 PM, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Netflix finally got Season 15 episodes uploaded on their server. I’m rewatching from Season 13… because I don’t want to repeat too long history watch. It says a lot that they kept old title opening with some new updates. 

At this point I don't remember if I've watched season 15. I guess I'll have to go look. I think maybe I have.

Don't get me wrong, I love this show but they really need to wind it down. The only way I could see it going on is to move focus to the younger characters like Georgie and Katie. But I think Georgie may be gone for good.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

YouTube has up to season of 14 of this show as of right now on the Filmrise Channel (linked the playlists of each season). Sharing in case anyone else is working through earlier seasons so you can watch without having to sign up for a streaming service.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Ancaster said:

Anybody watching season 16 in the US as it's airing on UPTV?  (Sunday afternoons at 4pm PST.)

Did not know that. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it. 

I cut cable a few years ago so I'm going to look for a streamer that has it. I might have to do a free trial. That's what I've done in the past. Not gonna wait around for Netflix bc they won't have it for a long time.

• Like 1
On 10/22/2023 at 1:56 AM, LadyIrony said:

Anyone seen the new eps yet? I tend to have it on in the background as it has run it's course but something about it doesn't make me want to say goodbye yet!! 

I haven't yet. I feel the same as you. I think I'm gonna go back and start in season 1 again. Relive the good old days of the show.

• Like 1

I'm kind of watching the latest season, but it's really not interesting to me.  I just stumbled across episode one of the new season when Mallory's back and it's just reminding me of why I miss her.  The episode is also reminding me of the many reasons I hate Lou.  Also, I quite like the actor who plays the new Katie, but there's such a disconnect between the two characters/actors, that it's as if they just dropped a completely new "oh, look, this is your long lost cousin from Prince Edward Island that no-one had ever heard of come to live with us.  And by the way, Katie died."

I suppose I'll watch til the end of the series just because, but I hope to god they put us and it out of our misery and end things.

11 hours ago, Ancaster said:

I'm kind of watching the latest season, but it's really not interesting to me.  I just stumbled across episode one of the new season when Mallory's back and it's just reminding me of why I miss her.  The episode is also reminding me of the many reasons I hate Lou.  Also, I quite like the actor who plays the new Katie, but there's such a disconnect between the two characters/actors, that it's as if they just dropped a completely new "oh, look, this is your long lost cousin from Prince Edward Island that no-one had ever heard of come to live with us.  And by the way, Katie died."

I suppose I'll watch til the end of the series just because, but I hope to god they put us and it out of our misery and end things.

I'll probably watch the series to the end too because I'm a bit of a completionist. Between seasons I miss the characters and the show but then I watch the latest season and it's not the same. It's not as good and I get bored.

I do miss Mallory. She was one of those characters thst always said what needed to be said or would say what other characters wouldn't. 

Amy has kinda aged out so they need a young character to carry it on. For a while that was Georgie. Katie could fill that role too.

And I'm with you on Lou. The best she's ever been is tolerable. I've never truly liked the character. 

This show really does need to wrap it up but I guess as long as it keeps getting ratings, they'll keep renewing it.

Edited by Aryanna
  • Like 1