Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Lies

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Voight employs his new informant to help solve a tricky drug trafficking case. Atwater, who once again struggles to reconcile his personal and professional life, reaches a decision.

Airdate: 01/12/2022

Damn I knew they wasn't let Atwater be happy for too long. I mean he should been honest with Celeste but I can understand why he wasn't.  It does seem like one of those situations where Atwater may have learned something. Nothing wrong with a little character evolution, and I also like how he told the strait up truth about Jimmy. Seeing what happened recently with Voight, Haley, and Jay it was a nice contrast. 

• Love 8

Kev, Kev, Kev..... you are not blonde & female, you don't get rewarded for lying. Interesting that the show went there though, that Kev loses everything because of his lies, while the Lying Cabal of Vupstead get away scot free. 

How did he think that was every going to end well? "Sorry Celeste, my bad... but I promise not to lie anymore?" I feel sorry for Celeste, but not Kevin.

However I am pissed that this is the story they gave him after having zero personal storylines for years. So over the course of 9 seasons, Kev has had 2 chicks who've lasted a total of 3 episodes. Yikes, they really don't care about him do they? And did we even know that Jordan was still in town. Last we heard about him was in season 7.

I had to rewind the bit where Ruzek & Burgess actually had a follow up conversation about the adoption. See it's really not THAT hard to have a 30 second scene to keep the audience engaged and in the know.

So far, season 9 part 2 is a vast improvement on part 1, it feels a little more balanced & they are even seeding in other storylines within the one episode, like bringing back Anna who seems to be front & centre with the Goblin next week...hope it continues.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I fell asleep maybe 10 minutes in - is it worth it to go back and watch this episode?  

Probably not...it was nice that Kevin finally got a story that wasn't black v blue, so that was a pleasant surprise. The case dragged a bit, it wasn't that compelling though, not edge of your seat. The show does have a different feel about it though, perhaps they are slowly moving on from the Eid era.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Guildford said:

Probably not...it was nice that Kevin finally got a story that wasn't black v blue, so that was a pleasant surprise. The case dragged a bit, it wasn't that compelling though, not edge of your seat. The show does have a different feel about it though, perhaps they are slowly moving on from the Eid era.

The case wasn't compelling but Atwater was and that was the point. The case was secondary.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 2

Is anyone else starting to have a hard time understanding Atwater when he speaks?  I've seen some interviews with LaRoyce and he doesn't seem to speak like that in real life.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Love 5