Type keyword(s) to search

Run The Burbs - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A young, bold Canadian family taking a different approach to living life to the fullest in the suburbs.

Stars Andrew Pfung (Kim's Convenience), Rakhee Morzaria , Ali Hassan, Aurora Brown (Baroness von Sketch), Jonathan Langdon (Utopia Falls).

The first episode has Candy Palmater who sadly died a week ago on Christmas Day.

• Love 1

Shocked that the grandfather would show the grandson the Police Academy series. It's really raunchy.

OMG JULIE NOLKE!!!!  If you never watched the youtube series Explaining the pandemic to myself - run to youtube.

FGLYfdPXoAEwZIS?format=jpg&name=large
Run The Burbs follows the Phams, a young, bold Vietnamese-South Asian family taking a different approach to living life to the fullest, while changing the way we think about contemporary family values and life in the burbs. Often the instigators of community events and always the first to know what’s going on in the neighborhood, the Phams have become the heart of their cul-de-sac. Through all the challenges and stresses of everyday suburban life, the Phams take on the world as a cohesive unit. Because together, nothing can beat phamily. 
thecwtitles3.jpg.webp
Andrew Phung as Andrew Pham, a stay-at-home dad 
Rahkee Morzaria as Camille, Andrew’s free-spirited entrepreneur wife 
Zoriah Wong as Khia, their teenage daughter 
Roman Pesino as Leo, their clever young son 

S01.E01: Blockbuster
a9dkl6zDQpZ2cimI6J4SpvZxVGd.jpg
SERIES PREMIERE — The Phams are busy preparing for the neighborhood block party when they discover they may get shut down for not having a permit.  Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) seeks out the permit and is inadvertently embroiled in a high-stakes competition. Meanwhile, Andrew(Andrew Phung) discovers his surprise musical guest can no longer perform and must ask an elusive neighbor to be a replacement. While putting up posters at Bubble Bae, Khia (Zoriah Wong) realizes she may have feelings for Mannix.

Premiere Date: July 31, 2023      CW     8:30 pm    

I really liked this as a light, feel-good, fun show, which I think is a good thing to have these days. I hope we see the racing club again sometime.

It's nice to see a show that doesn't turn on bickering and stupid misunderstandings

• Like 2

S01.E02: Heatwave
yPMfc4gbSmRQjYtbwUwsQn1BYJF.jpg
It’s the hottest day of the year and Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) and Andrew (Andrew Phung) are invited to cool down in their new neighbor’s pool. Unfortunately, they already had plans with Hudson (Jonathan Langdon) and have no choice but to cancel on him at the last minute. Meanwhile, Khia (Zoriah Wong) seeks validation when she paints a mural at Bubble Bae, and Andrew struggles with separation anxiety when Leo (Roman Pesino) goes to camp. 

Premiere Date: August 7, 2023      CW     8:30 pm    

I didn't like Ep2 as much as Ep1. I don't enjoy seeing people act obnoxious and all the adults annoyed me this week (except  the cafe owner). 

As an overheated person living without air conditioning, I did laugh at the frozen food as cooling device.

I felt for the daughter whose art was being trashed, but clearly she and the neighbor girl are OTP.

On 8/8/2023 at 3:14 PM, possibilities said:

I didn't like Ep2 as much as Ep1. I don't enjoy seeing people act obnoxious and all the adults annoyed me this week (except  the cafe owner). 

As an overheated person living without air conditioning, I did laugh at the frozen food as cooling device.

I felt for the daughter whose art was being trashed, but clearly she and the neighbor girl are OTP.

I was so sure the pool neighbors were going to reveal themselves as swingers; MLM marketers was not on my bingo card

S01.E03: Carol the Conqueror
dedseVszQ3cMF8ubqpuWvkjGK8N.jpg
Andrew (Andrew Phung) gets competitive when his sister comes to visit and ruins his wrestling party plans.  Meanwhile, Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) worries when Ramesh (Ali Hassan) signs up for online dating as Khia (Zoriah Wong) enlists Leo’s (Roman Pesino) help with chores.

Premiere Date: August 14, 2023      CW     8:30 pm    

S01.E04: Let's Go to the Movies
ANHVJh6WNditWEcriRtzLIyXpn.jpg
Andrew (Andrew Phung) and Khia’s (Zoriah Wong) movie date is interrupted when they decide to play matchmaker for Sebastian (Chris Locke).  At work, Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) struggles with a firing spree, and Ramesh (Ali Hassan) helps Leo (Roman Pesino) unclog his “mind palace”.

Premiere Date: August 21, 2023      CW     8:30 pm   

S01.E05: Independence Day
lFSVkpqOyWTqHKq9ziJOI9pQLXv.jpg
When Leo (Roman Pesino) asks if he can walk to school alone, Andrew (Andrew Phung) puts him through a series of tests to prepare him for the task.  Meanwhile, Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) takes a reluctant Khia (Zoriah Wong) bra shopping and Ramesh (Ali Hassan) takes a stand at Bubble Bae when he discovers he’s not considered a regular customer.

Premiere Date: August 28, 2023      CW     8:30 pm    

Edited by AnimeMania

S01.E06: First Date Date
fNLsUWG6kM0MlsBEmR3EvUE0GQx.jpg
Andrew (Andrew Phung) and Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) try to relive their very first date only to discover that a lot has changed.  Meanwhile, Sam (Julie Nolke) babysits Leo (Roman Pesino) and gets him involved in a ploy to make someone jealous, while Khia (Zoriah Wong) struggles with what to write in Mannix’s (Simone Miller) birthday card.

Premiere Date: September 4, 2023        CW     8:30 pm    

S01.E07: Phamily Matters
sXlYLgMhjtbCfW4GsMqNBaI0ync.jpg
When Khia (Zoriah Wong) gets in trouble in school, her guidance counsellor helps Andrew (Andrew Phung) make a big decision.  Meanwhile, Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) is excited to cater an event but struggles with the demands of her client.  At Bubble Bae, Hudson (Jonathan Langdon) and Ramesh (Ali Hassan) help Cathy (Samantha Wan) with her taxes.

Premiere Date: September 11, 2023        CW     8:30 pm    

S01.E08: Raccoon Fever
gL58YtmNAEQNFXhE2mz3b8viSeh.jpg
When a group of raccoons starts tormenting the neighborhood, Andrew (Andrew Phung) ignores his schoolwork to deal with them.  Meanwhile, Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) and Barb (Aurora Browne) team up to catch a graffiti bandit.  At Bubble Bae, Ramesh (Ali Hassan) struggles to understand Khia’s (Zoriah Wong) connection to Pride.

Premiere Date: September 18, 2023        CW     8:30 pm    

Looks like DirecTV solved the contract dispute, because the show aired  on TV here last night, instead of only on their website.

If Andrew could do the work at the last minute after ignoring it for the entire 2 days/nights before it was due, then he'll do fine once he graduates. Apparently he's a magician.

I was happy t have the question asked about "did you think someone was too young to know they were straight?" because that has always been my thought in these situations. 

Barb's entire personality changed once she got a boyfriend???

S01.E09: Li Xi
ue84T0DFLW4Byip2OMySSzQC6XW.jpg
When Andrew’s (Andrew Phung) parents visit for Tet (Vietnamese Lunar New Year), Andrew sees a text message that makes him worry about their relationship.  Meanwhile, Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) pitches her business plan to Andrew’s mother, and Khia (Zoriah Wong) and Leo (Roman Pesino) get in trouble for selling spring rolls.

Premiere Date: September 25, 2023        CW      8:30 pm       

7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

S01.E09: Li Xi
ue84T0DFLW4Byip2OMySSzQC6XW.jpg
When Andrew’s (Andrew Phung) parents visit for Tet (Vietnamese Lunar New Year), Andrew sees a text message that makes him worry about their relationship.  Meanwhile, Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) pitches her business plan to Andrew’s mother, and Khia (Zoriah Wong) and Leo (Roman Pesino) get in trouble for selling spring rolls.

Premiere Date: September 25, 2023        CW      8:30 pm       

This was pretty enjoyable, especially with the confusion over whether Andrew’s dad was cheating and the neighbors going crazy over the spring rolls

• Like 1

I like that the couples in this show aren't portrayed as bickering. It's like someone figured out that unhappy couples aren't funny and happy well-matched people make are more enjoyable to be around.

Likewise, it was nice that they actually WANTED to have the grand-parents/in-laws visit, and they all actually like and respect each other.

• Like 1

S01.E10: Phamily Games Night
4x33hD56sUf2AskCGhkivrmlo9K.jpg
Andrew (Andrew Phung) and Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) use games night to help Hudson (Jonathan Langdon) with his relationship.  Ramesh (Ali Hassan) worries he’s not as expressive as Barb (Aurora Browne) would like.  Khia (Zoriah Wong) plans a movie night for Mannix (Simone Miller). 

Premiere Date: October 2, 2023        CW      8:30 pm       

Next Week 2 Episodes: 8:30 & 9:30pm (Season Finale) 

Two Episodes Tonight - 8:30 & 9:30pm

S01.E11: Forever Young

mJ5cQg2D3Rq3x6viPKhYikC8WjO.jpg

When they discover the kids think they’re uncool, Andrew (Andrew Phung) and Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) become determined to relive their youth with a night on the town.  Meanwhile, Leo (Roman Pesino) helps Hudson (Jonathan Langdon) face the music as Ramesh (Ali Hassan) and Sebastian (Chris Locke) attend a backgammon tournament.

Premiere Date: October 9, 2023        CW      8:30 pm      

S01.E12: This Is Your Day

(Season Finale)

2uvKMlGlUQyIwT3V2wSHDfOZ2k3.jpg

When Andrew (Andrew Phung) discovers he needs more credit to graduate, he assembles a team to help him plead his case.  Meanwhile, Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) wants to quit her job and Khia (Zoriah Wong) discovers Mannix (Simone Miller) has some big news.

Premiere Date: October 9, 2023        CW      9:30 pm 

Next New Episode "New Date" "Season 2 Premiere": October 26, 2023 

• Useful 1

S02.E02: Phamily Ties

8jylAcppPeAvf2Vs3hGXKYPLxgD.jpg

Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) struggles with her Indian identity when family visits, and Andrew (Andrew Phung) solves a cold case.  Meanwhile, Khia (Zoriah Wong) returns home early, and the family throws a welcome home barbecue for her.

Premiere Date: November 2, 2023        CW       8:30pm

S02.E03: Phamily Emergency

hm14orQdXng1bHOoYFL61HT01sJ.jpg

Andrew (Andrew Phung) and Camille (Rakhee Morzaria) help Khia (Zoriah Wong) with an issue she is dealing with, while Sam (Julie Nolke) teaches Ramesh (Ali Hassan) how to play golf.

Premiere Date: November 9, 2023        CW       8:30pm

Watch Season 3 Trailer For CBC Comedy ‘Run The Burbs’

Run the Burbs Season 3 airing January 9, 2024 on Canada's CBC.

Season 3 Trailer available in link

The new season sees Andrew and Camille’s relationship evolving as they balance work, raising teens, having Camille’s dad in the house, and making time for each other,” said the showrunners in a statement. “But we’re also levelling up the fun, including sending the Phams to Cottage Country and celebrating a truly unique Halloween, as well as our annual Lunar New Year episode. Given everything going on in the world, it’s a joy to work on a show with so much comedy and heart. We’ve never needed the Phams more.

• Like 1

Run The Burbs Seasons 1 and 2       December 31, 2023       Hulu

Season 2 Episodes 4-13        Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S02.E04: Phriends and Enemies
74wxOdhH6RFrxVTsBHijsoAMCmi.jpg
Andrew creates a DIY speed bump to protect the community, but it does the opposite; Camille takes on internet trolls.

S02.E05: Phestival of Life
xMA9yPBIV9E2RMAh6XPjlnm0hJX.jpg
The Phams help the adult child of a beloved neighbor deal with her passing; Barb intrudes on Ramesh and Leo's fun.

S02.E06: Phamily Budget
2873T2IqzGxj19lEWcHzomWsipw.jpg
Camille hosts a menu-tasting for famous guests; Andrew refuses money from his parents, even though times are tight.
c7b16777-f89b-463e-912d-4d1c9d828173?bas

S02.E07: Phresh Start
u8lSZssw8ahqKbv4vVX6B6unXAN.jpg
Camille can't handle it when Ramesh wants to sell her childhood home; Andrew tries to improve things at Hudson's office.edb8beee-e942-4405-baac-525179d34a15?bas

S02.E08: Morning Phrenzy
1WFoFD5VkZ7yE1AJWkdewkjcQdn.jpg
Andrew tries to leave with the kids so Camille can do an important livestream; a snowstorm doesn't make that easy.

S02.E09: Culture Phest
2z9GR0uR4uG33iVd4tmTvrcT6Qg.jpg
Andrew organizes Rockridge's Lunar New Year festival, and an unwanted guest shows up; Camille starts a curry war.

S02.E10: Phlashback
5PNCkGMEzTM3C6xOERHWL08iHHB.jpg
Camille and Andrew help family look for a new place to live; their memories differ about when they bought their current home.

S02.E11: Turn Lepht
0d18fc5d-96b6-4bce-b03a-9ffee6abaee6?bas
Andrew and Camille have different techniques in teaching Khia how to drive; Sam uses Leo to network for a job.

S02.E12: Phamily Affair
plaobB3H0pQcvC4uKH1h44M3Zu9.jpg
Andrew and Camille hope to enjoy a wedding responsibility free, but get pulled into family drama and old beefs.

S02.E13: Phriendship
(Season Finale)

b6a690ed-f99b-4470-bd6a-20b198466313?bas
Camille's big TV audition reveals a rift with Sam; Andrew has a tough choice to make about which career path to follow.

• Useful 1