Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: The Gang Goes to Ireland / S15.E06: The Gang's Still in Ireland

• Start Topic

Apologies for not setting up a thread ahead of time.

The Gang’s in Dublin! Dennis longs for a charming, authentic European experience, but ends up helping Frank with some of his business’s 'dirty work.' Mac and Charlie learn about their Irish heritage.

Dennis and Dee explore their new accommodations in the countryside; Frank accompanies Charlie to find the truth about Charlie’s Irish childhood pen pal; Mac has an identity crisis and decides to join the seminary.

Only saw the first episode. Basically, you dump the Gang somewhere, they're going to be the Gang . . . basically, the ugliest Americans you can find. Also: lots and lots and LOTS of Dee abuse. The guys swap our her first class ticket for five coach seats, they only wake her up from monkey beer stupor after they arrive in Ireland, she gets hit by TWO cars (one of them with a COVID-stricken Dennis driving) . . . and all of that was probably less painful for her than losing the role of "Obnoxious American MILF #1" . . . to the Waitress. That was funny. Hey, if the show is going overseas, why shouldn't Charlie bring in Mary?

ETA: Turns out Mac isn't Irish. He's actually Dutch, his parents lied to him, and they are just the worst. Wanna know why Mac is a needy little bitch? Because he never had love as a kid. Mrs. Mac gave him an address to his ancestral home, and it was a friggin' McDonald's. DAMN.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

I loved how one of Frank's businesses, "Frank's Fluids", was the official beverage of Jeffrey Epstein's orgy island, so he wanted to destroy all the evidence. The best part was Frank's story about one of the manatees Bill Gates had sex with committing suicide after Bill stopped going there. 

The second ep was odd. It turned out Charlie's pen-pal who taught him Gaelic was actually his father. 😮

Even stranger, Charlie is no longer stupid. 😲

Was that one of the Hemsley (Thor) brothers playing Mac's mentor priest? 🤔

Oh yeah, Dennis and Dee bought a haunted castle, predictably resulting in the latter chasing the former around with a big ass axe.

At this point, I am expecting someone to awaken from a bad dream... 

• Love 2

Caught the second episode. I’d feel good about Charlie meeting Shelley . . . but c’mon, things have a way of resetting for the Gang. Remember when Charlie and Dee got away from the Gang, found some sort of maturity, and wound up sleeping together? Or when Dennis decided to go be a father to his bastard offspring? 

5 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Nah, the next episode will probably start like the others, only with Dennis getting beef stew wafted into his face instead of Dee. Apparently, COVID flipped the switch from “Sociopath” to “Full-Bore Psycho.” Great touch that the castle was the setting for multiple beheadings . . . in 2005.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

The second episode was better than the first. I guess it had to be that way to get the setup done. But Dee's situation was just slightly enough her fault that I couldn't embrace pity for her like I'm probably supposed to. And moreover the whole thing felt a bit disjointed and forced. I liked it. It just didn't hang together. But good moments. Ronald MacDonald, son of Luther Vandross! 

The second was great though. Nice plot for all of them. They're a bit split up, but I'm a bit invested about how the Charlie / Shelley relationship gets ruined and how much more screwed up Dee and Dennis can get. And it makes sense Mac wants to assert his Catholicism again.

• Love 3

I think Charlie stole the episodes with Dee a close second. Physical comedy Dee is brilliant and throw in a spew of 'goddammit!', and it's gold. I actually wanted her to have the part and have to act, but losing to the Waitress if she wasn't going to have the part was fantastic. I wanted to see her take on Obnoxious MILF. 

Although her funniest part was casually walking behind the bar to get the beer. 

Just Charlie knowing Gaelic and Mac's incredulity over the whole situation could have been another whole scene. "Are you the real Ronald McDonald? The burger clown?" The whole cheese monster bit, I had to stop because I was laughing so hard. It seemed like that was all ad libbed. 

• Love 1
On 12/17/2021 at 7:41 AM, Gharlane said:

I loved how one of Frank's businesses, "Frank's Fluids", was the official beverage of Jeffrey Epstein's orgy island, so he wanted to destroy all the evidence. The best part was Frank's story about one of the manatees Bill Gates had sex with committing suicide after Bill stopped going there. 

The second ep was odd. It turned out Charlie's pen-pal who taught him Gaelic was actually his father. 😮

Even stranger, Charlie is no longer stupid. 😲

Was that one of the Hemsley (Thor) brothers playing Mac's mentor priest? 🤔

Oh yeah, Dennis and Dee bought a haunted castle, predictably resulting in the latter chasing the former around with a big ass axe.

Hey the orgy stuff was only like 5 percent of what happened on that island!

Really liked both episodes.  

Also they didn't buy the castle I think they are renting it.  A but off the deep end with Dee and Dennis plus sad with Charley and Frank but as mentioned I'd expect it to be all back to usual by end of the season. 

Also if you get a chance Ireland is awesome it really is pretty much like you see in pictures and hear about. Pubs, castles, rolling green pastures all of it. 

Luther Vandross!!