Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: The Yips and an Oddly Hypnotic Bohemian

Bort
  • Start Topic

On 12/12/2021 at 10:40 AM, SusannahM said:

It is mentioned several times on TBBT.  Not to go off topic here (I know the mods frown on that) but if you wander over to  this thread I'm pretty sure the affairs of George are discussed.

It's the reason Sheldon always knocks  three times. So he never walks in on anyone doing something they shouldn't again.

• Love 1

You know, given Sheldon’s actual age and emotional immaturity, it could be that he went to see Billy (or went looking for his dad) for some reason, knocked on the door, and found George and Brenda kissing in the kitchen. Not necessarily actual sex. Older Sheldon could then think of her as “my dad‘s mistress”.

19 minutes ago, kay1864 said:

You know, given Sheldon’s actual age and emotional immaturity, it could be that he went to see Billy (or went looking for his dad) for some reason, knocked on the door, and found George and Brenda kissing in the kitchen. Not necessarily actual sex. Older Sheldon could then think of her as “my dad‘s mistress”.

If they go with what has been said in BBT this doesn't fit.  That said they've certainly changed other things about the Cooper family so who knows what they'll actually do.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

If they go with what has been said in BBT this doesn't fit.  That said they've certainly changed other things about the Cooper family so who knows what they'll actually do.

I thought all they said on BBT was that Sheldon started his three-knock habit because of walking in on his father and his mistress. Did older Sheldon say they were having sex?

Oops, excuse me, “coitus”😆

Edited by kay1864
  • LOL 2
28 minutes ago, kay1864 said:

Did older Sheldon say they were having sex?

Not sure if we need to spoiler this or not but just in case:

Spoiler

I don't think he specifically says he say them having sex (or engaging in coitus) but he does say the third knock is for people to have time to get their clothes back on.  If YS decides to use this memory, I don't know about you, but I cannot think of any reason why George and any woman other than Mary should be in their bedroom sans vêtements!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

Not sure if we need to spoiler this or not but just in case:

Reveal spoiler

I don't think he specifically says he say them having sex (or engaging in coitus) but he does say the third knock is for people to have time to get their clothes back on.  If YS decides to use this memory, I don't know about you, but I cannot think of any reason why George and any woman other than Mary should be in their bedroom sans vêtements!

Yep, that’s why I mention Sheldon’s emotional immaturity. It might be something as little as George having two shirt buttons unbuttoned, or even just the shock of seeing them kissing. Sheldon does tend to extrapolate from one bird in a tree to a 1963 Hitchcock movie.

1 minute ago, possibilities said:

Either way, in my opinion, if they're kissing, she's his mistress.

Exactly