Type keyword(s) to search

Wait, I Think I Saw This Already: Remakes and Reboots

• Start Topic

In the upcoming file, The Running Man, directed by Edgar Wright. Based on the novel by Stephen King. There was something like a previous adaptation, though it very little more than 'name only'. Funny thing, I rewatched that one recently. It hit closer to home than I remember from previous watches. Anyway, there's certainly room for a version that's closer to the original book.

14 hours ago, Anduin said:

In the upcoming file, The Running Man, directed by Edgar Wright. Based on the novel by Stephen King. There was something like a previous adaptation, though it very little more than 'name only'. Funny thing, I rewatched that one recently. It hit closer to home than I remember from previous watches. Anyway, there's certainly room for a version that's closer to the original book.

But it won't have Richard Dawson as the host. 😪

• Like 3
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

But it won't have Richard Dawson as the host. 😪

Do you want a deepfake or someone else? As good as Dawson was, I'd prefer someone else.

• Like 2
On 4/12/2024 at 4:26 PM, Anduin said:

Do you want a deepfake or someone else? As good as Dawson was, I'd prefer someone else.

Oh, I definitely wouldn't want an AI generated Dawson, that's for sure.  But he was the best thing about the Arnold movie.

On 4/11/2024 at 9:10 PM, Anduin said:

There is no way in hell they're going to get away with the book ending, though. Hell to the no. I can't picture any movie studio wanting to distribute in North American signing off on 

Spoiler

the hero intentionally flying into a skyscraper to destroy it.

On 5/3/2024 at 7:44 PM, BetterButter said:

‘The Maze Runner’ Reboot in the Works with ‘Transcendence’ Scribe Jack Paglen in Talks to Write

They did a fairly decent job with the world building so I think the idea of this could work. 

Although I don't think it's an accident that this is getting "rebooted" now that Disney owns it. Disney is in a seriously desperate place. Hopefully they're smart and keep the budget low.

Does this mean Divergent is next? LOL