Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: That Comment Tho

• Start Topic

I hope Whitney and the assistant coach are really over this time. He suuuuuuucks. And he's dragging her character down with him, because I find it hard to root for someone who would continue sleeping with a married liar. I really like her interactions with everyone else, so here's hoping it's all up from here.

I liked Leighton and Alicia's confrontation after the party, but damn, Leighton can't even come out using her words. She has a lot to work through. Staying after sex is progress, though! I liked that Nico and Alicia bonded over party games; that bodes well for when he inevitably finds out about Leighton.

Bela's storyline is just depressing. Every guy affiliated with that magazine is gross. I hope she stops trying so hard to impress them soon.

Kimberly and Nico are cute. I'm liking the slow burn there.

• Love 2

Really digging this show.  I was pleasantly surprised when they dropped three episodes this week.

Kimberly did look great in that dress.  Nico can get it.  Also, I really like how Kimberly's earnestness balances out her naivete.  She's a really good friend.  I just hope that she is able to figure out a better balance with her school work, her job and her social life.  What confused me about the econ assignment was that it seemed she already had it typed up ahead of time.  Why didn't she just hit submit before going to the party?

17 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I liked Leighton and Alicia's confrontation after the party, but damn, Leighton can't even come out using her words. She has a lot to work through.

Leighton coming out will definitely be a point of contention between her and Alicia.  They clearly have a good thing in private but I'm guessing Leighton will not want to be holding hands on the quad.  If she's not willing to be (somewhat) public about her relationship, that may cause frustration with Alicia.  On the other hand, if Alicia pressures Leighton to come out to her family/friends before she's ready, that may cause resentment.  I really like them together so I hope they can work it out.

• Love 3

This is really shallow, but Kimberly's haircut is the worst. It's a weirdly dated cut in that it was popular in the 1980s. I don't think mom hair from 1986 is what modern college girls are into now, but then, I graduated college in 1997, so what do I know.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4