Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Fathers, Daughters, Sisters

Trini
  • Start Topic

The family gathers around Teddy after his latest health crisis, as Angela and Leah bond over their newfound common enemy Alex, who makes a move to win back Raymond. Meanwhile, Tyrique looks to Aunt Piggy for answers about his father.

Episode Directed by Series Star Joe Morton

Airdate: Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2021

Hey, first episode without a party!

A little less twist and turns, but still a lot going on. However I thought that this was one of the better episodes.

I thought Alex was a successful career woman and a celebrity? We would she be trying to get back in with her married with kids ex from years ago??  -- Well, obviously to cause DRAMA, but I keep thinking, 'Girl, you can do better'.

Not going to get invested in Nate, he seems like the perfect candidate to to get killed off when they need the next plot twist.

And yes, Angela's outfits were standouts.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Trini said:

I don't know what they were going for with that.

I don't know. They also showed it from the view of the elevator security camera. I wonder if at some point the footage will come out and cause..... yet another...... scandal??? 

• Love 1

So Teddy crossed to the other side when he had his MI? Too bad he didn't stay there. 😒

Tyrique just lets himself into Angela's house and she's not at all suspicious. Hmm.

Okay, is that loc removal ceremony a thing IRL? Whatever, the actor must be relieved not to have to wear the wig anymore. Seems to me like it would've been heavy.

Leah probably created more problems than she solved with her press conference. All she did was spout meaningless platitudes. She had the right to remain silent and should've used it.

That doctor was willing to violate HIPAA just because Alex claimed to be a fellow HU alum? I amazed Leah didn't make the entire hospital sign a NDA about Teddy. Or try.

Was that a service elevator? It was humongous. Angela, Leah, and Raymond could've hosted a dinner party in there. (BTW, Leah, you are no Beyoncé, and Jay-Z wishes he looked half as good as Raymond.)

The next episode appears to have a Great Gatsby party. Or they'll probably call the theme "Harlem Renaissance" so it's Black history-related. Any excuse for a bunch of wild wigs, weaves, and costumes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was that a service elevator? It was humongous.

It's not unusual; many hospitals have elevators large enough for a rolling bed (+ attendants, etc) to transport patients.

• Useful 2
On 11/18/2021 at 9:17 AM, ribboninthesky1 said:

I thought the elevator scene was an homage to the infamous Met Gala footage of Solange attacking Jay-Z.  At least, that's what came to mind.  It was still a dumb scene.   

Exactly what I thought, especially when they switched to the security camera view.