Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Dreamcatcher

• Start Topic

This show is becoming painful to watch -- and it's only the 3rd-ish episode.
While Zero and Murf are growing on me, every scene with Dal is pretty annoying.  Like fingernails on a chalkboard annoying.

Do they not have transporters on the Protostar ?  Because that would have solved many problems in this episode.

If this was a planet in the Hirogen system -- where are all the Hirogen ? I didn't have the captioning on, but I'm pretty sure Holo-Janeway said Hirogen.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

If this was a planet in the Hirogen system -- where are all the Hirogen ? I didn't have the captioning on, but I'm pretty sure Holo-Janeway said Hirogen.

It was, and that's been a big complaint that I've seen.

I will legitimately say that the body horror of the Vine-Janeway was quite nightmarish.

If it's that easy for Gwyn to break out, what's the point of having her in the brig?

• Love 1

The strangest thing about this show is that the setting and plot of each episode resembles an actual ST show, and then they ruin it with Dal. Even “my progeny” acts like a realistic character, and Rok and team are kiddie stand ins for the wonder of exploration. Dal? Is just a tool. And using the logic of the rest of the show, he should have died on the planet. 

• Love 3

They still let TLS run the show? And he had the gall to blame Gwen for stranding them on that planet? Because he would have been able to escape due to his superior leading skills? LOL! At least she saved Murf which means there's a redemption arc looming for her - as if there ever had been any doubt. At this point I think Dal is much more in need of redemption but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Love 2

I think the ultimate resolution of this situation on the vine planet is that they'll realize they need to figure out how to work together.  And hopefully Dal figuring out there's more to being the Captain than making others do stuff while he fucks off for a joyride.  

I do really fine Rok the most interesting.  The fact that she was just so surprised and happy that the little creatures weren't afraid of her was kind of heartbreaking, compounded that they weren't real.  

The Protostar seems to be a very advanced ship.  Wouldn't it have some kind of biometric sensors so that not any random group of rebellious kids could fly off in it?  Is Starfleet really that trusting?

• Love 3

They sure took their time giving Dal even a single moment of not being a total piece of crap. 

On 11/12/2021 at 1:13 PM, MissLucas said:

And he had the gall to blame Gwen for stranding them on that planet? 

She WAS taking off and leaving them.

On 11/11/2021 at 11:02 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

This show is becoming painful to watch -- and it's only the 3rd-ish episode.
While Zero and Murf are growing on me, every scene with Dal is pretty annoying.  Like fingernails on a chalkboard annoying.

Do they not have transporters on the Protostar ?  Because that would have solved many problems in this episode.

I didn't get that.  They've been pretty good with continuity/fact checking until now.

I am hoping that part of the character arcs is that Dal learns some humility.  They are trying to go with a "Kirk" vibe for him - except that Kirk was smart and good at his job and knew when to rein it in.  Dal needs to learn how to do that, pronto.

• Love 2
On 11/12/2021 at 6:22 AM, Ottis said:

The strangest thing about this show is that the setting and plot of each episode resembles an actual ST show, and then they ruin it with Dal. Even “my progeny” acts like a realistic character, and Rok and team are kiddie stand ins for the wonder of exploration. Dal? Is just a tool. And using the logic of the rest of the show, he should have died on the planet. 

Dal is the same obnoxious boy character that has been afflicting cartoons for the last 30+ years. Selfish, self-centered, self-aggrandizing. That's what little boys like, I guess, and cartoons are aimed at little boys because little girls have cooties. Girl money has cooties as well; god forbid if they buy your merchandise. Cartoons have been cancelled because too many girls watch (Young Justice).

Also, why woulld you land the starship instead of using the transporters? I can fanwank that the Janeway hologram has been damaged in some way and can't tell that this bunch are obviouslly not cadets, but no trasporters? Even the shuttlecraft should have one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3