Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: For Colored Boys...

• Start Topic

Teddy tries to connect with Angela and Nikki. Meanwhile, Olivia confronts Alex, who, in turn, drops a bombshell on Leah about her former marriage to Raymond. Then, Tyrique discovers a shocking secret about his own father's past.

Airdate: Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021

Everything on this show looks great, but I need more than that to stick with this. I just don't care about these plot twists.

So of course now that Angela and Leah are getting along, The Troublemaker is introduced. Why would Leah even care about her husband's ex from decades ago??

LOL at Teddy being all "this might take time" then Angela's baby daddy is in town the next day. The Next Day! That's not how any of that works! Why did they even introduce him in prison a couple episodes ago if they were going to have him be in Oak Bluffs anyway?

Anyway, outfits info for the show: https://wornontv.net/our-kind-of-people/

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
On 11/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, Trini said:

LOL at Teddy being all "this might take time" then Angela's baby daddy is in town the next day. The Next Day! That's not how any of that works! Why did they even introduce him in prison a couple episodes ago if they were going to have him be in Oak Bluffs anyway?

I know! That was ridiculous, they might as well have had him say "beam me up Scotty!" & suddenly appear in Teddy's house. 

They've got to stop with all the plot twists, every week it's a bunch more, I can't keep track of them, & they're boring.

• Love 3

OMG, why is Nikki still messing with Taylor? Taylor is two-timing trash IMO.

Wonder how many of his co-stars from the Best Man movies is Morris Chestnut is going to bring on.

How many heirlooms does Teddy have? Seems like every time he turns around he's giving Angela and Nikki a old symbol of their newly discovered lineage. I think some of those things might be stuff he just bought.

"Smelling a little fishy in here." Raymond's mama is too rough, lol.

Hip-hop cotillion dance. Right. Sorta looked like a cake walk to me, though perhaps that was the point.

Why do the Duponts keep inflicting captive audiences with their family drama? The locals must hate them.

AFAIC Angela ain't sh*t to have waited until Nate was standing right in front of his daughter to tell Nikki her father was still alive. At this point she's the last one who should rag on people about keeping life-altering secrets from those who've long deserved to know the truth.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, why is Nikki still messing with Taylor? Taylor is two-timing trash IMO.

I find it interesting that the show decided to make both Nikki & Lauren gay & fighting over a two timer, usually they would be fighting over a man. Unfortunately, it would be a lot more interesting if there weren't 384,957,289 other plots competing for attention.

• Love 2

This show is totally beautiful. The gowns the parties. I hope there IS a party every episode lol. 

Leah’s dress was FIRE. Taylor’s suit was so perfect - the blazer was giving Balmain.

Lauren’s room was pretty but so huge it was hard to get a sense of place - and Leah’s room feels like an office and closet kinda in one.  Unless she runs a fashion division that feels weird? She has enough money to have a separate office area and closet space? Why does she need a cloffice? I mean don’t get me wrong - I like it and wish I had room for that but it’s weird how Angela just walks right into such an intimate space repeatedly. Wouldn’t staff at the door have her seated in a sitting room or parlor while they go get Leah?

Poor Nikki - what a perfect night and then  wham! New dad! Jeez this show.

I wish this show could pace itself but I guess this is what it is. 

I really like Jermaine’s mom - cutthroat like Teddy. I can’t remember if it was this ep or last where she gave that history lesson of the shooting range and their ownership of it. I hope they keep dropping tidbits like that throughout. 

This show makes me sad MV isn’t as black as it used to be. Although I still know a few black families who own some of the tiny Victorian houses in Oak Bluffs, it has definitely seen a dramatic drop in black ownership over the years. 

I guess I get why Leah was so upset at her dad’s speech - he could’ve thrown her some shine too - but the dramatic tantrum on the dance floor - again - I’m supposed to believe this woman is 2nd in command at a global conglomerate?

Yaya’s hair is incredible.

I’m interested in the back story with Jermaine’s ex wife, him and Leah but I wish Leah would start acting more her age and level? She overreacts emotionally to everything and often causes her own drama. Some of her beef feels high school? The writers need to do better with her pov. And I like it when she and Angela are playing on the same team.

But at least the show is really improving, even if it keeps throwing too many plot twists. I think I’m gonna have to read the book.

• Love 1