Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: To Lean In, Or To Let Go

DanaK
  • Start Topic

09/29/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Vanessa and Archer disagree on how to handle the victim of a motorcycle accident. Dylan and Charles deal with a UNICEF negotiator with repressed trauma. Stevie and Will treat a high schooler with Addison's disease and a clingy mother. 

Good all around, but the UNICEF lawyer’s storyline was especially sad

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

I know, right? I used to work as an attorney in a state mental hospital and every patient wasn’t hauled in in cuffs by police.  
The show has improved with the absence of April and Natalie. Also, the new doctors are a plus as is Steven Weber. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, DanaK said:

I had assumed she was delusional and wasn't really a UNICEF lawyer - why would she be stationed in Chicago and why would legal expertise be out in the field. I would assume a doctor with Medicine Without Borders or such would be more believable as a story line.

At any rate a delusional "lawyer" would have been more believable. Any lawyer (or really anyone) with health insurance isn't going to be carted away to some kind of Bedlam Public Hospital. There are all kinds of facilities for those with insurance who would take this kind of low needs patient. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, spunky said:

I'm loving Dr. Scott, he got Archer together in 2.5 seconds flat. As long as Maggie minds her business, I think Dr. Marcel and Dr. Taylor would make a great team.

I’d make a great team with Dr. Marcel! 😏

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2021 at 10:44 AM, amarante said:

I had assumed she was delusional and wasn't really a UNICEF lawyer - why would she be stationed in Chicago and why would legal expertise be out in the field. I would assume a doctor with Medicine Without Borders or such would be more believable as a story line.

At any rate a delusional "lawyer" would have been more believable. Any lawyer (or really anyone) with health insurance isn't going to be carted away to some kind of Bedlam Public Hospital. There are all kinds of facilities for those with insurance who would take this kind of low needs patient. 

There is such a thing as Lawyers without Borders too, and even if they can offer some insurance, its not guaranteed to be much. Lawyers are needed in crisis areas, especially in areas with major societal upheaval too. Life is more than survival, and there are a lot of NGOs that address other ills beyond medical.  And there's just as much PTSD in helping victims with long term problems as in immediate physical ones.

• Love 9