Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E02: Dave Grohl, Kadeena Cox, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Greg Davies, Jack Savoretti, and Nile Rodgers

• Start Topic

In another thread, @Bruinsfan said, "I've never seen Rami Malek come off well on a talk show or in a public appearance of any kind." I couldn't agree more, and while watching this episode, I was thinking how I've never seen Dave Grohl be anything but great on any talk show.  I loved that story about his being born to applause (literally, applause as he emerged) and the way it's affected him his whole life.  The pandemic was hard on him.  😀

And all his other stories were entertaining.  It really did feel like he was just chatting, talking about his parents, how Foo Fighters is a stupid name for a band (and he made it plural so people wouldn't realize it was just him).  And when Grohl said he'd gone to some remote part of the world to get his head together after Kurt Cobain died, and I gather it was in Ireland or Scotland--somewhere where it's notoriously bad weather--and Graham said, "Did you have nice weather?" and Grohl actually thought for a nanosecond and said, "No!"

That's what I watch Graham Norton for. 

• Love 4

I think the spot Grohl went to was in Ireland, which is why Graham cheered. The Stones of Kerry or something like that.

I do love Greg Davies's self-deprecation. He doesn't overdo it. His shows are a bit too British for me, but I always enjoy him as a guest.

I also appreciate Dave Grohl's modesty. Ages ago I read a book written by one of his former girlfriends, and he seemed like kind of a douche, but he was also still in his 20s. He's come through a pretty horrific experience pretty well. As Graham pointed out, Grohl was 25 when Kurt Cobain died.

I knew vaguely of Kadeena Cox because of watching the Olympics, but her story is fascinating.

• Love 2

The Ring of Kerry is beautiful and justly famous. But it's not the least bit isolated or cut off from the world. That's some high level American-centrism there.  Even just in Europe there are more remote places, never mind the other continents. There are more remote places in THIS country for crying out loud. That repeated description of Kerry as so remote made me side eye him the rest of the show.