Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Where Pleasant Fountains Lie

• Start Topic

I've been waiting for June Diane Raphael to pop up on Lower Decks, and this did not disappoint.  There's something about playing her husband's mother who none-the-less wants to seduce him. GoT-style that was...*chef's kiss*.

"Did his kingdom come?"  I almost spit out my tea.

Great episode for Rutherford.

• Love 2

One of the little moments that I really loved was seeing that even if we don't spend as much time with the officers, they clearly have the kind of relationships that we've seen on the other shows.  I loved that Freeman knew to give Billups an out to get away from his mother.

And the implication that they've had to deal with her repeatedly, given that the Queen referred to Freeman as "Carol."

There's also something that I find really reassuring about how far Trek has come in dealing with queer issues that we saw that the Queen had arranged both a man and a woman be present for Billups to do the do.  As is the implication that he's asexual.

"The....uh...Elf Matrix seems like--"

"Don't do that.

Anyone notice that one of the evil computers was the CBS eye?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, marinw said:

Jeffrey Coombs!

That's really all you need to say.

This reminded me a lot of a more sinister take on his voice appearances as The Question on Justice League Unlimited.  It's hard to be a standout in a voice cast that's that good, but he did it.

• Love 3