Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05 Who’s The Boss

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

A small-town spirits company needs Marcus' help to expand beyond their local community. Family-owned and operated, this business must come to terms with their past and agree on their future if they truly want a shot at success.

Wow did the mom ever not want Marcus' help!  Was it stated that the children called him, or did she but just not accept his help?  The mom will limit business opportunities and may even drive her children away unless she starts listening to them and considering (actually) their ideas.

• Love 1

The mother reminded me of a sneakier version of the father in the Simply Slices pizza place episode.       I hope Marcus was lying when he said he would reconsider partnering with the company if the mother decided to take his recommendations, because she never will.    The adult kids should go out on their own, because the mother will treat them like garbage forever.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Wow did the mom ever not want Marcus' help!  Was it stated that the children called him, or did she but just not accept his help?  The mom will limit business opportunities and may even drive her children away unless she starts listening to them and considering (actually) their ideas.

I think it's neither.  Unfortunately, this was the second one of the season (I think) where the owner didn't reach out because they needed help...Marcus contacted them to add to his portfolio and to make big changes in their company to scale for growth.  I don't like it, and there's not as much emotional investment as when the company is in dire straits, and we see the struggles, understand the impact, and watch as they try to incorporate his advice because there's actually a lot at stake.  In the ones he initiates, there's nothing at stake for the business owner; they can just go back to doing what they did before. 

• Love 3