Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Baba O'Reilly

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

I just rewatched, August says "roadies seldom occupy the same individual twice" so it can happen. I thought that whole plotline was dumb given how quickly it was resolved.

Even after catching the very end of the episode before I watched the whole thing l, the jump scare got me both times.

• Love 1

I thought this one was much better although the only reason for the roadie cliffhanger was to get a separate plot line for Susan.  But i enjoyed the sweet sixteen plot line especially August being high and Zoe figuring it out before everyone else.  The two Lukes was a bit heavy handed though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Trey said:

Another good episode.

I missed a few minutes near the end due to cat doings.  Did Susan get the roadie out of Megan?

Yes, but I remember that happening closer to the beginning than the end, so I think you missed a lot more of the episode than you think.

Since I've been hard on Susan, I'll give her a few props for this episode.  She had the best line when Megan was complimenting her.  Something like, "  Oh,stop  ...eventually."  I also liked her using her telekinesis to get the machine and turning it on.  Not sure why she threw it at Megan, though.  She looked like she expected something to happen just by tossing it.  Then she realized she had to turn it on?  

Other questions, mostly rhetorical:

The girls parents died when she was 16 and she was allowed to stay in the house alone?  Who paid the mortgage?  Even if the parents had an insurance policy to pay off the house, who paid for the food and upkeep...  The house?   real estate taxes, insurance... ???

Did we ever hear the house's motivation for killing the parents and keeping the girl 16?  Why 16?  I know it was the age of the girl at the time, and could see the house wanting to keep her young, I guess, but why did it fixate on that age for Luke and gang?

So, if the one guy was excited to see the "Commodore 64 that hadn't even been released yet"  why wasn't he flummoxed by the more advanced video game Luke was playing?

They got out of the house, but did they fix it?  How?  Just by Luke leaving?

Why did the house speak Latin?

Why can't these people ever put two and two together?  First, they can't count dots on a screen, then, this spirit-thing ALWAYS travels in uneven numbers, and we found two, so there must be at least three!  Hey, where could it be?

So, there were a bunch of ghosts in Megan's house.  Didn't we already know that?  Was that supposed to be a cliffhanger?

This show leaves a lot of questions, but it's still a lot of fun.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Yes, but I remember that happening closer to the beginning than the end, so I think you missed a lot more of the episode than you think.

No, it was only a couple of minutes, near the end, just before the big scene with Luke and his older self.

Maybe I didn't catch what was going on earlier with Megan and Susan.  I couldn't tell always tell (unless they were growling) when someone was possessed by a roadie. Did Susan get possessed too?

50 minutes ago, Trey said:

No, it was only a couple of minutes, near the end, just before the big scene with Luke and his older self.

Maybe I didn't catch what was going on earlier with Megan and Susan.  I couldn't tell always tell (unless they were growling) when someone was possessed by a roadie. Did Susan get possessed too?

Yes, Susan was possessed for a second before the Roadie jumped back into Megan. Mainly you could tell by the color of the eyes, they turned black.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Johann said:

This show leaves a lot of questions, but it's still a lot of fun.

Agreed. It is not normally the type of show I would watch, but tuned in because it stars former Schitt's Creek cast members Sara Levy and Tim Rozon. They play my two fav characters on SE, but I have come to enjoy all of the characters.  The writing can be funny and clever as well. I laughed when teenage Zoe described Twizzlers as sugary jumper cables.  It makes no sense that she would not know, even at 16, what they were as given her birth year Twizzlers were around long before it. But it was a cute description nevertheless.