Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2: All Episode Thread

• Start Topic

That's what mine is showing. Ep 3 on 8/25 (actually 8/26) at 12:30, and then 9/2 at 10PM. 

Anyway I liked episode 2 better. I didn't like the grandma fight. I really liked Dad & Grandma in the kitchen w/ Nora, and the CBD store stuff. 

• Love 1
On 8/21/2021 at 8:05 PM, Superclam said:

That's what mine is showing. Ep 3 on 8/25 (actually 8/26) at 12:30, and then 9/2 at 10PM. 

Anyway I liked episode 2 better. I didn't like the grandma fight. I really liked Dad & Grandma in the kitchen w/ Nora, and the CBD store stuff. 

Episode 3 was just shown at 10. My on-screen guide said Ep. 2 at 10 & Ep. 3 at 12:30, but someone got it wrong. 

Grandma and Dad are way more fun than Nora most of the time. I like Akwafina but Nora is kind of a drag. I agree she's improving, but her elders are already awesome.

The situation is a little reminiscent of when Christine (the mom character) turned out to be way more compelling than the other characters on "Baskets" and the show pivoted to where Christine went from being kind of a fringe character to being essentially the main draw.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1
On 9/4/2021 at 2:46 AM, possibilities said:

The situation is a little reminiscent of when Christine (the mom character) turned out to be way more compelling than the other characters on "Baskets" and the show pivoted to where Christine went from being kind of a fringe character to being essentially the main draw.

Didn't hurt that Louie got a well-deserved Emmy for it, either! Fingers crossed for Grandma and Dad.

• Love 1

This week's episode info from TV Insider:

• Lori Tan Chinn is this raucous sitcom’s not-so-secret weapon as Nora’s (Awkwafina) outrageous Grandma, who once again proves she’s a force to be reckoned with when she rallies her circle of ladies to take down a scammer who’s targeting the elderly. The episode is titled “Don’t F*uck with Grandmas,” and they mean it.

Sounds super fun and I can't wait!

• Love 3

I liked this one, for the family aspects.

It seemed to me like they didn't really explain how Nora went from wanting to leave to having settled in and enjoying it, why she was not sexually involved with the guy she was shakcing up with and apparently attracted to, or really even why Wally was not expressing to his mom how upset he was to be separated from her. 

But I did like that they emphasized how much Nora loved and was bonded with her grandma-- she doesn't just live there because she can't afford her own place, she really missed her and wanted to go back for her grandma's sake, even when she had another option.

39 minutes ago, Superclam said:

That was the last one?? 

It didn't occur to me that it might be, but I've lost track of how many episodes there've been so far.

18 hours ago, Superclam said:

That was the last one?? 

For the season. Don't know if it's been renewed for another yet.

I love Nora's scenes with Grandma the best. Or any scenes with Grandma. I hope it comes back just for her.

• Love 1

I think this makes me more ignorant than race-blind, but it wasn't until days after watching the season finale that it dawned on me that part of the reason the NM gas station owner freaked out so hard at Nora approaching him may have been because she's Asian-American. And maybe Wally wanted Grandma to stay at home not just because of the virus but also due to all the horrible violence against AAs. And now I feel sad. :(

• Love 1

A little late here but I finally saw the last episode of the season and it got me all sorts of teary-eyed, especially remembering how isolated our elderly loved ones felt during the pandemic in NYC. Perhaps it was a missed opportunity to have Margaret Cho and BD Wong reunite in a scene, but I’m so glad it ended on a sweet yet funny note with Nora running home to care for Grandma. 

• Love 1