Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: Quarterfinals Results 2

• Start Topic

The aerialist kid looks like a younger Tom Holland (I say "younger" because Tom Holland already looks like a young Tom Holland).

I know he's already a pro but I'm glad Josh went through.

• Love 2

I haven't been here for awhile.  The Olympics kind of sidetracked everything.  The only thing I have to say is there is no clear winner here.  This show has gone full "woke" and basically doesn't try to hide it any longer.   When judges tell a dance group they aren't doing any new dance moves and it's just more of the same thing, but tell the "singing nurses" who are going to do......the same thing, that they went through because they're nurses, it just makes you wonder why they have a show in the first place.  What really got my blood boiling is when the judges told the little opera singer that they didn't know anything about opera but they're isn't or hasn't been anyone like her before. I'm shouting "JACKIE EVANCHO!!!!"  Howie should know better since he was on the show when Evancho performed.  Right now, one foot is in and the other is out and I don't see AGT changing anytime soon.  

Edited by rr2911
  • Love 7

I know it's fake, but I have always like the Clairvoyants.  They are so polished and elegant in their presentation.  Amelie is simply gorgeous.  I have no clue how she "predicted" which cards the talent were imagining, short of having them in on it and declaring beforehand to her.  I am certain Terry has dome that with mentalist acts in prior seasons.

As many have noted, much of AGT is beyond played out by now.  It's ridiculously difficult keeping fresh with long-running shows.  But, it's a nice Summer relaxer.  Every so often, the "Wow factor" happens.  Not this week, but once in a while.

• Love 3

Getting really tired of the "you're both going through," like we didn't see that coming.  It's right up there with "I didn't like it...I loved it." Once again the judges' vote ends in a tie.  Why even bother with the judges' vote?

• Love 2

Once again the judges' vote ends in a tie.  Why even bother with the judges' vote?

Because without the judge's vote, we'd never get any feedback from the judges other than the judging and the red X's and the judges choosing who we can vote on and the Golden Buzzer.  The weird part is when the judges complain about how hard it is to choose, when they got thousands of people to call in for free who were perfectly capable of choosing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, yankeefan said:

Getting really tired of the "you're both going through," like we didn't see that coming.  It's right up there with "I didn't like it...I loved it."

I don't like either one, but "I didn't like it, I loved it" makes me rage every single time. I don't dislike it... I hate it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2021 at 5:29 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I know it's fake, but I have always like the Clairvoyants.  They are so polished and elegant in their presentation.  Amelie is simply gorgeous. 

I've always found them a little stiff, because they are indeed so polished. It sounds rehearsed, which of course it is. That said, they are very good at what they do, and I enjoy watching them. 

I realized that all those mentalists acts are basically the same (it comes down to "is this your card?) so it's all about the personality of the act. So I like Peter Antoniou, because he's likeable and not smug. 

• Love 1