Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Sons and Daughters

This show does better when it focuses on the characters. Though I felt like Sarah was grating on my nerves this episode. I get that she was trying to help Corinne and protect her from "evil" Danny but she just came off as overbearingly judgmental. Ok Danny was wrong in the way he left Greylock all those years ago but he's trying to do right by everyone now and he took the right step by ending it with Piper. Yeah Piper was hurt but she would have been hurt more if Danny had continued with the engagement. I didn't like how Sarah was trying to control everyone's life, esp if she lied about Josh's paternity which wasn't completely clear if she was honest with the results. If Sarah lied then she's ten times worse than anything Danny did in the past. She's ruining 4 lives with her savior complex. SIGH. I hope she realizes that she's essentially doing what their ad did by leaving Josh without his real father. The truth will cause chaos yep but her lies would be worse for everyone when the truth comes out. Hope the writers tell us soon if she lied about Adam being Josh's father soon or not. 

I have to say Bella is the best character on this show, closely followed by Ty. LOL that two teens are way more mature than the rest of the residents of Greylock. Love how she handled the situation with her father and how she forgave Alexis because she loves her and still wants her in her life. Major props to Bella for that. Ty was a prince with Maya, he really helped her this ep. 

and one thing that made this episode way better for me was no Weston! Like I said not a fan of insta love so it's good that we got a breather from him tonight. Looks like it's back to politics next episode. 

11 hours ago, possibilities said:

Do we think Sarah told Corinne the truth about the kid's parentage? Do we care?

Sarah 100% lied to Corrine and Danny is 100% the father. It's very obvious. Even if we didn't have the scene where Sarah told Corrine that Adam was the father, where Sarah looked like she was going to cry and throw up at the same time, this show has been very predictable, hitting very old and tired tropes, and the conversations with Corrine and Sarah this episode have made it very clear that Danny being the father would be super inconvenient. And with Danny and Corrine both admitting feelings and Danny breaking his engagement off, it's only a matter of time before Adam and Corrine get divorced to make way for Danny. 

Just because of super tired tropes, this was my least favourite episode. I get that Danny/Corrine are supposedly THE couple to root for, but them just throwing them into relationships that are disposable going into a potential season 2 is not the way to get me to root for them. Piper was essentially a useless character because she had almost no development and was only in two episodes, and Adam is going to get his heart broken and likely disappear as soon as the parental secret comes out.

And, furthermore, this episode made Sarah look EVEN WORSE as a sister and best friend than she is a political leader. 

The only decent part of the episode was Bella related. Yes, her father is still a jerk, but at least they showed him torn up about the end of his marriage. And I like Bella standing up for herself and still seeing Alexis. Bella is definitely the best character, followed by Grover.

• Love 1

Yeah, the camera didn't show Adam's name on that email, so Danny is probably the father.  That little bomb is going to drop before the season is over, and Sarah sucks if she believes it's her duty or whatever to lie about the DNA results.  "Oh fatherhood is not about DNA, it's about showing up."  How could Danny show up for a kid he didn't even know existed?!  So stupid.  Sure, great plan, just lie about the results and then Danny can have no part in his kid's life like your dad had no part in yours. 

• Love 1