Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E16: First Come First Served

• Start Topic

As canneries unexpectedly change delivery rules, captains must race to get to the front of the line. Jake risks a daring entry into St. Paul harbor, as Johnathan seeks help from Wild Bill. Josh and Casey bet their season on a deep set at the Russian Line.

Another interesting ep.  FCFS is not cool.  Canneries suck.

The biggest question I had was with Jake A. and the Saga.  He had some crab in his tanks when he lost the generator and was forced back to harbor.  What did he do with them?  Did he get in line?  Did he purge the tanks?  Another thing I wonder about is the ice floe.  The whole reason Jake discovered the new honey hole was because he had to offload pots before things got out of hand.  Then, he doubles down and it's jackpot #2.  No emphasis about the rapid approach of the ice in any of the V/Os?  

Maybe JH will invest in some new hardware that can withstand some abuse?  Or a back-up?

The queue of F/Vs was ridic.  The CMs decision to fish in the deep cost them additional time to haul as the CM had to idle while the pots were being hoisted.   I am surprised that was not mentioned, as well.  How many cannery slots did that cost them?

How long before Harley susses out, er the producers tell him, that JH and BW are kicking butt and he joins them?

8 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Another interesting ep.  FCFS is not cool.  Canneries suck.

It reminded me of the derby days.   Which ended because it was not safe.   The quota system is much better, even if it leaves some boats out.   boats could plan better and didn't have to act unsafely in order to make money.   Now with the first come, first serve they are back to hauling as much as they can as quickly as they can, regardless of conditions and health of the crew before heading back to town to get in line.   

It's also not good for the fishery in the long run.   there will be more dead loss.   Which results in damage to the fishery.    

If the canneries concern is having a steady flow of crab, well plan your delivery times better.   Open more slots or something.   Don't just have everyone get in line.    I really hope this is just a pandemic thing and they go back to the delivery slots. 

18 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I am a terrible person.  I cheered every time the line snapped and they lost a pot on the Cornelia Marie.  I was disappointed that the streak stopped at three.

It's a terrible show. It's done the super shitheads have taken over.

On 8/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Maybe JH will invest in some new hardware that can withstand some abuse?  Or a back-up?

Did he say it was 10 yrs old? His entire operation, hundreds of miles from port, is dependent on a 10 year old laptop?  I'm kind of shocked that every boat doesn't have a backup on board, even if theirs is just 2-3 years old!

• Love 2