Type keyword(s) to search

Maybe...? Speculation for What If...?

• Start Topic

Speculation on the show What If...?, including future episodes and future seasons goes here. Please note; spoiler tags should be used on actual spoilers, spec is allowed to be discussed freely. Previews for next episodes are NOT spoilers. Thank you!

Aside from the presence of The Watcher in every episode, each story so far has been presented as completely disconnected from the others.

Does anyone suspect that Marvel will pull some kind of trick to tie all the stories together, and possibly even connect them to upcoming MCU movies?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tkc said:

Does anyone suspect that Marvel will pull some kind of trick to tie all the stories together, and possibly even connect them to upcoming MCU movies?

Judging by the trailer of No Way Home, they already have. There's a bunch of speculation that Stephen Strange isn't even who he seems to be, since his demeanor is so different.

I don’t know if this is the right thread for it but I do wish they had storylines that are both more fun and do right by the female characters. Like what if…?:

Clint was the one to sacrifice himself instead of  Natasha?

Sharon went on the run with Cap and the gang?

Betty took the Hulk serum instead of Bruce?

Fury contacted Carol when Loki invaded?

Hell they can even show us Kid Loki and Classic Loki’s timelines, I’d love to see that!

• Love 3

Here’s speculation: will the various cliffhangers we’ve seen so far all continue in one story that bridges the various universes?

Spoiler tag for references to the trailers…

Spoiler

Not sure if this needs a spoiler tag, but the promos seem to show Captain Carter with Doctor Strange, Ego appearing to drain power from Peter Quill, and more…

Edited by tkc
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, tkc said:

Here’s speculation: will the various cliffhangers we’ve seen so far all continue in one story that bridges the various universes?

Spoiler tag for references to the trailers…

Reveal spoiler

Not sure if this needs a spoiler tag, but the promos seem to show Captain Carter with Doctor Strange, Ego appearing to drain power from Peter Quill, and more…

Probably. But why the hell is 

Spoiler

Killmonger getting roped into the Watcher's "Multiverse Avengers" squad? If they give him a stupid redemption arc I swear to God...

• Love 1
On 9/22/2021 at 11:20 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Hide contents

Killmonger getting roped into the Watcher's "Multiverse Avengers" squad? If they give him a stupid redemption arc I swear to God...

Because when the fate of the multiverse is on the line you get whoever you can get even if they are kind of an asshole.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:20 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Hide contents

3 hours ago, johntfs said:

Because when the fate of the multiverse is on the line you get whoever you can get even if they are kind of an asshole.

They should give Zombie!Wanda a call, I'm sure she'd be good to go.

.....What?

• LOL 4
On 9/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

They should give Zombie!Wanda a call, I'm sure she'd be good to go.

.....What?

Yeah, she'd be good to go, all right.  Good to go munch on the all you can eat teammate hero buffet.

9 hours ago, johntfs said:

Yeah, she'd be good to go, all right.  Good to go munch on the all you can eat teammate hero buffet.

Honestly, I would probably trust Wanda even as a zombie before I'd trust somebody like Killmonger, and that's just going by what I've seen here. Erik's the kind of guy who smiles into your face because he's looking for the best place to stick the knife, literally. It's not exactly a step up.

• Love 1
On 9/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Honestly, I would probably trust Wanda even as a zombie before I'd trust somebody like Killmonger, and that's just going by what I've seen here. Erik's the kind of guy who smiles into your face because he's looking for the best place to stick the knife, literally. It's not exactly a step up.

Killmonger wants to rule Wakanda/the world.  A necessary prerequisite to that is that the world/Wakanda has to exist in order for him to rule it.

• Love 1