Type keyword(s) to search

Gunpowder Milkshake (2021)

AngieBee1
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Sam (Karen Gillan, Guardians of the Galaxy) a  matter-of-fact assassin makes a miscalculation that puts her on the run with an eight-year old (Chloe Coleman, Upload) to escape the wrath of The Firm - the shadowy organization Sam works for.  

Directed by Navot Papushado (Big Bad Wolves) from a script by Paushado and Ehud Lavski, "Gunpowder Milkshake" is a stylish, sprawling action film  in the vein of "Atomic Blonde" and "John Wick".   Great stunt pieces and world building. The film utilizes the other cast members well (Lena Headey, Angela Bassett, Carla Gugino, Michelle Yeoh). 

I watched it right after watching Kate Beckinsale's "Jolt", a film that shares slight similarities to Jason Statham's "Crank" except it's not offensive or awful. It was great seeing back to back films with women kicking a**.

Edited by AngieBee1

Very fun movie! I liked the fight between semi-paralyzed Karen Gillian versus the three mooks (all high on laughing gas) she just beat up. The car chase with the eight (and three-quarters) year old driving was also fun.

I'm hoping this, Nobody and the John Wick series will eventually be revealed to be part of one big, whimsical, ultra-violent cinematic universe. We could probably include Die in a Gunfight as well, it would fit nicely with the others.

I got such a good laugh out of the reference to Leon (The Professional). There was some other great humor in this as well and I think these kinds of movies are much more enjoyable when they don't take themselves too seriously.

• Love 2

I enjoyed it a lot. My only qualm was that Carla Gugino's character seemed so incompetent compared to the rest. The should have given her Mr. Magoo style spectacles and had her lose them before her fight scene.

• Love 2

I had the day off yesterday and watched this afternoon. Considering it was some weird mash up of John Wick, Kill Bill, Baby Driver and maybe Paddington it really world. Great cast and some great action scenes. Plus I really like Karen Gillan and feel like she should be a bigger star.