Type keyword(s) to search

Making Connections: Shows You Associate With A Production Company

• Start Topic

(edited)

For example, i associate the DIC logo with The Real Ghostbusters, the Group W logo with On Scene: Emergency Response, the Samuel Goldwyn one with American Gladiators, or the P&G one with Another World?

Edited by danderson400

I cant think of Kline and Friends with Ed Mackay saying "The Joker's Wild is a Kline & Friends production in association with Jack Barry Productions." I saw this on 1990 Joker's Wild revival with Pat Finn when it was last seen on the USA Network in the mid-90s.

I associate the Barry and Enright Productions logo w/shows like Tic Tac Dough w/Wink Martindale, and The Joker's Wild w/Jack Barry, among others.

I also associate the Mark Goodson Productions logo w/The Price Is Right in the Barker era, Family Feud w/Ray Combs, and the Bob Eubanks Card Sharks, among others.

Brooklyn 99--Not a Doctor (whatever the name of that one is). 

I don't remember a lot of production companies, so I can't associate shows with them.  The only other ones I remember (but not the shows they produced) are Sit Ubu, sit--good dog (not sure what the name of that one was), and Fremulon.  There was also one where it looked just like the MGM lion logo, except it was a kitten who meowed, but I don't remember the name of that one.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

There was also one where it looked just like the MGM lion logo, except it was a kitten who meowed, but I don't remember the name of that one.

That was MTM Enterprises (vanity label of the great, late Mary Tyler Moore).

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Sit Ubu, sit--good dog (not sure what the name of that one was),

It was called Ubu, Gary David Goldberg's production company that he named after his dog (who died during Family Ties, but lived on in those production tags for the remainder of the company's life).  Goldberg's memoir was titled Sit, Ubu, Sit: How I Went from Brooklyn to Hollywood with the Same Woman, the Same Dog, and a Lot Less HairHere is a short article about Ubu.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 8/24/2021 at 1:18 PM, Bastet said:

It was called Ubu, Gary David Goldberg's production company that he named after his dog (who died during Family Ties, but lived on in those production tags for the remainder of the company's life). 

And Paramount Television on Family Ties was not the only studio that UBU associated with-- that outfit also worked with NBC in and of itself (NBC Productions) on a short-lived '85 comedy called Sara, w/Geena Davis in the title role.

Here's the broadcast of Wed. Jan. 30, 1985 (first part of title sequence is cut off); you'll also see the UBU logo, and NBC Productions w/the 1979 bird (that 1979 bird not having the N behind it):

And here's more on Sara, from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_(1985_TV_series)