Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)

• Start Topic

With Jordan and Simone's big day quickly approaching they start to envision what their new future will look like with the help of Billy and Laura. Spencer and Billy both realize how much pressure the football team is feeling but to their surprise they may have a new ally. Jordan helps Olivia see what has been holding her back making her look at how to balance recovery and romance. Meanwhile, Layla and Coop both find out secrets to explain what has been really going on.

Airdate: 07/12/2021

JJ didn't show for the wedding to be in Vegas? Seems unlike him considering how close they are. I feel like the guest list was missing the team, coach, Jordan grandparents? Yet the Principle gets to attend?

Olivia was right to point out to Simone, her mother tried to get an annulment and she tried to stop the Vegas wedding. Yet in the white dress she goes to stop it. 

• Love 2

I'm guessing they must have a pretty small budget for guest stars and things like that, like how the four other players we know from Spencer's team are never in the same episode.  I think Grandpa Willie was pretty supportive when Jordan talked to him about Simone in the episode that led to Willie and Billy talking about Billy's mom, so he probably should have been there.  Jaclyn Smith might have been too expensive and the character lives out of town, but I would have liked to see her interaction with Simone's mom.  Even though they were clearly just too cheap to get J.J. in this episode, it's funny that they explained where he was when he disappeared in the Vegas episode.  I thought I had seen him on a poster for an exotic dance performance (the same poster they showed in this episode) on the street as Olivia got in the cab to leave in that episode, but I thought it was my imagination!

I thought it was hilarious when Simone freaked out and then Olivia said, "NOW the wedding is a bad idea?!!"  Even though they think they'll "make it work," Simone and Jordan are clearly on borrowed time now.  Maybe Simone and Damon will bond over having insane, controlling mothers.

There were a lot of good things in this episode (Billy & Laura, Spencer/Olivia, the school and team being saved, which I didn't expect even with Carter's change of heart).  I do find it a little implausible the way Spencer found out his mom was dating Carter.  I would expect either Dillon would tell him (even though he isn't around either) or Grace would have gone to Spencer before Dillon told him in the hopes of avoiding another scene.  I'm glad Spencer is giving him a chance, but I cringed when Coop cited Mo as an example of believing in people.  It looks like the two horrible plots will intertwine in the finale--Carrie will do something terrible to Layla, and then Layla won't be in Vegas for Coop and Mo can do whatever.  Now that Layla knows that Carrie is definitely way off, why is she trying to handle things herself?  She should have let the mom come by (hopefully she will anyway and this might save Layla).  And maybe Preach can learn the truth about his "daughter," who probably came straight from Central Casting and get to Vegas.  I'm worried about the cast possibly being thinned out considering the reduced time with the other characters that Coop and Layla have had.

• Love 1

Preach didn’t want Andre (am I supposed to know who that is?) to work on Coop’s merch in Vegas, so obviously I missed why Preach changed his mind.

Show, please bring Mo down.  It doesn’t matter how, just please do it, and don’t let Coop get hurt in the process.

Spencer giving Patience a kiss on the cheek when he left was adorable.

• Love 3

Jordan and Simone made the right decision of not renewing their vows. They are too young esp when their lives are going different places. 

Happy for Spencer and Olivia finally getting together.

I'm glad Layla opened her eyes to psycho Carrie. Still hope she reaches the finale safe.

• Love 4