Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Gay Gay

• Start Topic

Yes! Refusing to take partial acceptance or be used for the team's benefit at ones own expense! Having the holdout homophobe booted off the team was a bit of extra wish fulfillment, but I'll take it.

Starting to get irritated by Benji. He keeps acting like a jerk and then trying to backtrack, but I'm not sure I am okay with the cycle of shittiness followed by grand gestures. 

• Love 5

I am really glad that Victor is getting to stay on the team and that they aren't trying to say that Victor just loved basketball because it was something his dad liked or because it was something "straight kids did" instead of something he really loved. The team all supporting him and kicking off the main homophobe was really nice, poor Victor was just having a really rough time before that. He was getting shit from everyone, even his own boyfriend, who it seemed like was secretly thrilled that Victor had to leave an activity that he loved so that Victor could be more like the kind of gay person that Benji hangs out with. 

I hope that Lake telling her mom about Felix's situation wont lead to their breakup, it really is unfair that Felix has to practically be a parent to his mom because she refuses to be the parent herself. Being mentally ill really sucks, that part isn't her fault, but you would think a good parent would try to take care of themselves so that they can take care of their kid. 

• Love 4

Glad to see Victor being finally supported by the team, though I wonder if they would care if he wasn't so good at basketball.

I'm really starting to like Armando, which I did not expect at all. I like how he took a look at himself and is trying to be better, not just for Victor but for himself. I also liked that he told Isabel that they will not get back together if she doesn't come around too.

• Love 6
On 6/15/2021 at 5:19 AM, JustHereForFood said:

Glad to see Victor being finally supported by the team, though I wonder if they would care if he wasn't so good at basketball.

Would they care if they didn't suck so bad at basketball?

On 6/14/2021 at 10:50 AM, tennisgurl said:

Being mentally ill really sucks, that part isn't her fault, but you would think a good parent would try to take care of themselves so that they can take care of their kid. 

I agree. And if she’s too sick to care for her kid, she should try to have another adult step in and help temporarily until she can get herself together. I’m extra sensitive about this situation because my cousin has developed a hoarding problem and put her Mom (my great aunt) in a really bad situation- my great aunt has dementia and cannot self advocate and is living in filth with a vermin infestation. I called social services because my cousin refused to do the bare minimum after saying that she would (for months) - half of the family agrees with what I did, the other half blames my Mom. It’s hard. 

It is not Felix’s job to make sure his Mom takes her medication. It never has been. 

On 6/15/2021 at 4:19 AM, JustHereForFood said:

I'm really starting to like Armando, which I did not expect at all. I like how he took a look at himself and is trying to be better, not just for Victor but for himself. I also liked that he told Isabel that they will not get back together if she doesn't come around too.

Likely they wouldn’t care, that part felt realistic to me. Athleticism is so valued, it’s like you are a more worthy human because you can run quickly. 

Benji was wrong to belittle Victor’s love of basketball. I know that artists can get defensive because society at large tends to promote athletics, but Victor worked really hard to be a good basketball player and Benji as his DAMN BOYFRIEND should respect him, and be proud of him- even if sports aren’t his thing. 

I like that Armando is working on himself. He really wants to be a good father and husband. But if he and Isabel cannot align on this then getting back together isn’t in the cards. 

• Love 4