Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Tunnel of Love

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ha, Ava's sex dream definitely took an unexpected turn!

Ava gave DJ the best advice, which I wish every kid could hear. I know it's natural to want your parents to be proud of you, but you can't chase that your entire life. At some point you have to say fuck it and do what makes you happy.

I've always said that the average person doesn't need to learn how to play an instrument competently. All you really need to do is learn how to play one song well! I don't know if the theme to Jurassic Park is the song I would have chosen, but I guess at least DJ learned a song that people recognize.

I understand Deborah thinking that a prenup will protect DJ, especially since DJ has never really had to worry about money, but DJ is an adult. She's going to do whatever she wants to do, even if it's something that could bite her in the ass later in life.

Oh, Deborah. Hooking up with an ex because you're feeling wistful after your daughter's drive thru wedding is never a good idea! I was glad that Ava facetimed her for the wedding though.

Ha, the showdowns between Josefina and Damian cracked me up. Loved when they both kicked out the mayor.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 18

Wow, Madam Mayor is thirsty.

I've been back and forth on how awful or not DJ is, but making everyone give a speech means she is THE WORST.

Deborah was looking at DJ with a complicated emotion I could only decode as love plus disdain and I kept worrying she was gonna blow up the whole party. And then that whole discussion about the prenup happened at the dinner table and boom!

Oh, "DJ" is short for "Deborah Jr"???

I agree with Kiki, I ship Deborah and Marty.

And I liked how the DJ-Aiden wedding happened. Call me naive but I want to believe Aiden isn't a gold digger.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Deborah Jr!

It seems a little odd to me that Deborah has a personal assistant and this is the first time we’ve seen him.  Is it the first time?

I liked her manager’s story of how he came to work for her.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I understand Deborah thinking that a prenup will protect DJ, especially since DJ has never really had to worry about money, but DJ is an adult. She's going to do whatever she wants to do, even if it's something that could bite her in the ass later in life.

I don't know why, but I just loved that scene where Ava goofily assumed DJ must be a high school dropout, and DJ is like "I went to Cornell."  

I also really enjoyed the dinner scene fight between DJ and Deborah.  You can imagine their whole history just through that one fight, and I would bet they've had a variation of that fight about a thousand times now.   

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

It seems a little odd to me that Deborah has a personal assistant and this is the first time we’ve seen him.  Is it the first time?

He was in at least 1 other ep but I don't remember which ones. Maybe the first one.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TeapotDiva said:

Fun fact:  Mark Indelicato, the actor who plays Damien, played Betty's fabulous young nephew Justin on "Ugly Betty."

I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't figure it out! Also, now I feel old lol.

• Love 5

I would like to know more about DJ's "squad", since there were 2 or 3 other women at the axe-throwing night and there were a few at the party as well who got super excited about her engagement.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:13 AM, Tiggertoo said:

I agree, and regardless of if we actually have "seen" him before, the writers clearly dropped the ball character-wise in not having him brought into any of the many situations where his character would have been a relevant player. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1