Type keyword(s) to search

L&O: CI Misc. Thread...

I hope my man is in it.

I was actually wondering about that since Wolf does like to reuse actors in new roles in either franchise if he likes them.

But a part of me wonders if he'd think other L&O people would be too identified in their other roles, too, you know? And maybe it depends on when this is filmed. I know Noth is already signed to a new job (forget what, but I posted this, I believe, in the other roles thread) once The Good Wife wraps up.

I wonder who he could play in the Menendez saga, though.

So I mentioned before having a rough cut of "The Consoler" from S10 which, of course, was the intended premiere before CI wanted to cash in on Charlie Sheen's insanity with Jay Mohr's Nyle Brite and changed that (with this cut of "The Consoler" without Gyson therapy scenes or Gyson at all - Julia Ormond was cast after that I recall, so edited in and altered... Some extended scenes, etc.). One thing on it I never saw 'til now was the opening credits, which I skipped usually. 

But along with VDO/KE, Jay O. Sanders was actually originally in the opening credits! Yet the finalized version (and all other 7 episodes) had him as only "Also Starring..." with no opening credit pic. Makes me wonder why the change except the show just wanted the focus on VDO/KE, which I could see for the end.

Still funny to see the vanity shot of them walking out of 1PP with Ross (from the previous seasons) with a simple caption above it: "Re-shoot with J. Sanders", which also wasn't done! It also was just VDO/KE for that shot, too. I wonder if Sanders felt cheated?

So I'm on Twitter, seeing what mess the world is in today, and VDO was chatting. Had no idea he is dyslexic! Must make memorizing scripts a challenge, but hey, good for him.

Looking at his tweets, aside from occasional text speak, I wouldn't have guessed.

Just saw actor Frank Pellegrino died. He was best known for The Sopranos, but he was in the CI episode "Homo Homini Lupis" as loan shark Carl Pettijohn. Always did like it when Carver told him, "The dominoes are falling, Mr. Pettijohn. You want to get ahead of them before they fall on you."

Great character actor. May he RIP!

There's a YT account that seems to show some filming/BTS stuff during S10. Pretty neat if ever you're curious! Also saw a video - think it was a different account - with a short interview with Jay Mohr talking about "Rispetto", which was about to premiere at that time. He seemed like a nice guy, and it seemed like his experience on the show was a positive one.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:55 PM, WendyCR72 said:

So I'm on Twitter, seeing what mess the world is in today, and VDO was chatting. Had no idea he is dyslexic! Must make memorizing scripts a challenge, but hey, good for him.

Looking at his tweets, aside from occasional text speak, I wouldn't have guessed.

God and dog are the same thing for him.

5 minutes ago, Maherjunkie said:

God and dog are the same thing for him.

Maybe, but he must have worked on typing, etc., as until he admitted that, I'd never have guessed. I recall reading Cher is also dyslexic, and she also managed acting/script memorizing, so there must be ways.  :-)

23 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

I thought there was medication now.

I don't believe so, but that would be nice. I think it comes down to a lot of concentration, a lot of listening, and so forth...

On 3/4/2017 at 3:38 AM, Maherjunkie said:

I thought there was medication now.

5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't believe so, but that would be nice. I think it comes down to a lot of concentration, a lot of listening, and so forth...

You are basically correct. I last delved into this about 10 years ago, but a quick glance at Google seems to show that things haven't changed that much. There is some research going on especially with ADHD meds and anti-motion sickness drugs, but nothing is generally accepted except for the non-pharmaceutical treatments you describe. I haven't seen anything aside from an occasional mention as far as VDO is concerned so I don't know what techniques he may use or how severe his dyslexia is.

9 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I haven't seen anything aside from an occasional mention as far as VDO is concerned so I don't know what techniques he may use or how severe his dyslexia is.

He mentioned it when chatting with fans on Twitter, but as I said, he types on Facebook and Twitter quite well, so his revelation surprised me. No idea how severe his dyslexia is, as you say, but he must have worked on it. Trying to recall if we ever saw Bobby write anything on the show, though, but the white board writings are usually already there, so...

20 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

What channel?  Haven't seen.

On WE, during its usual marathons. I noticed all of their procedurals have fresh commercials now.

ETA: Just on again and Goren's "I'm The Whackjob!" from "Amends" also made the cut. Hee.