Type keyword(s) to search

Unanswered Questions and observations

Mpd

Does anyone know the real reason Anna Faris left the show? My guess is that as the ensemble became bigger she became just another spoke in the wheel and not the star. As it is, she was supposed to be the star and became second fiddle to Allison. To walk away with a year left on contract with nothing else lined up is very odd.

I enjoyed the show and watched all 170 episodes but it was funnier in the beginning. The fights between Christy and Bonnie were funny  as was Christy’s interaction with her kids, the ex, and the staff at the restaurant. When they phased that out and turned it into a strictly older female role show except for Adam, the show lost its edge. Sort of how MASH lost its edge and became more serious over the years.

• Love 1

I'm going to ask this here for lack of a better place, but since there's only one post from almost a year ago, I realize the likelihood of anyone even seeing this is remote.

So, when they first moved into their second apartment, Violet got the downstairs bedroom, Roscoe got a glorified closet, I guess and Bonnie and Christi shared a room.  OK, makes sense.  But, then later, Roscoe and Violet had moved out.  Adam moved into Violet's old room and Bonnie would sleep in there the nights Adam slept over, but otherwise continued sleeping with Christi. Why?  How does this make any sense?  Why wouldn't she just stay in the other room all the time?

This has been broached in the past, and there isn't a good answer. Just one of the mysteries of this show. It makes sense that Adam would use the downstairs bedroom, since it's difficult for him to get upstairs, but why Bonnie didn't use the room all the time after Roscoe moved out is a mystery. And the room itself also changed, as it was referred to as a closet when they first moved in. By the time Adam was using it, it was a real bedroom, plenty big enough to hold a bed and nightstand, and with a window and everything. 

Even with the inconsistencies, I still miss this show. It's on a couple of channels several times a day, and the reruns hold up. I liked how it started out, with Christie struggling to stay sober and raise her kids, and I liked the last few seasons, with the camaraderie of the AA ladies. Even though the focus shifted, it was well done and funny. It was tough to lose both this and Brooklyn Nine-Nine at roughly the same time. Two long-running, intelligent, ensemble comedies that will never be replaced.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DXD526 said:

And the room itself also changed, as it was referred to as a closet when they first moved in. By the time Adam was using it, it was a real bedroom, plenty big enough to hold a bed and nightstand, and with a window and everything.

It was always a real bedroom; there was the one upstairs and the one downstairs.  Bonnie and Christy shared the upstairs, Violet had the downstairs, and Roscoe didn't have a proper bedroom, sleeping in a glorified closet.  When Violet moved out, he got the downstairs bedroom.

When he went to live with Baxter and Candace, there was a bedroom available, but the writers were presumably too attached to the conversations between Bonnie and Christy in bed to have one of them move downstairs.  Yet never came up with an on-screen reason why (e.g. Christy refusing to accept Roscoe didn't live there anymore).

• Love 1

The only plausible reason is so Roscoe had it for when he visited (off screen of course).  

The room never did change until the last season.  It still was a kid’s bedroom until then.

On 3/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, chitowngirl said:

I wish they would have done more with Christie’s brothers (and possibly her stepmom) and with Bonnie’s brother.

Yes, I would have liked to have seen Christy hanging out with her brothers, especially the younger one (the one with the glasses, I'm assuming he was the youngest), they seemed to hit it off pretty well.  The stepmom would have made a good occasional antagonist for Bonnie. LOL

• Love 1