Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Replacements

• Start Topic

This is really slow developing... maybe Filoni was told to attract new viewers...

Omega had no issues shooting at Crosshair... but is scared to kill the dragon...

Well, that got dark pretty fast... Interesting that the show is going to deal with the transition from Clone Army to non-cloned Stormtroopers. Still not sure why the chip affected Crosshair and not the others. He did not look too happy in the end. And neither do the Kaminoans. Strange that the loss of Omega is never discussed among them. Narrative convention implies that she was more than just an experiment. And the show keeps teasing us about her with discussions what the members of the Bad Batch makes special. I keep waiting for her to pull a River Tam.

• Love 1

The Kaminoans did not lose Omega by accident. Making the Batchers her mentors is the final step of development. They probably put a delayed trigger in Crosshair that shuts down his chip.

• Love 1

The way Wrecker gobbled down his food because he expected more reminded me so much of my son. Given how immature Wrecker is (compared to the other clones and even Omega at times), and that the clones were aged prematurely, he really seems to have a child’s mind in a man’s body. He even had a stuffed animal (a security toy?) that he passed down to Omega after her first mission. That’s just really depressing, and it shows how cruel cloning can be.

If the Kaminoan leaders are to be redeemed, they have a lot to make up for, and being a thorn in the empire’s side because they are looking out for themselves won’t be enough.

Poor Crosshair. If his chip is removed, as that seems to be the hope Hunter has, he’s going to be traumatized by everything he’s done.  

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, paigow said:

The Kaminoans did not lose Omega by accident. 

Yeah, they helped her get away. I was just hoping for a snippet of dialogue that would reveal if Nala Se had been ordered to leave the hangar doors open and if so, any hints why Lama Su gave the order.

ETA: Judging from the pilot he did give the order. The reasons (beyond saving valuable ahem... products) remain unclear.

Edited by MissLucas

Oh nooo Crosshair. Killing civilians? If they’re able to reverse the chip in his head, I can’t imagine the fallout of him realizing what he’s done while being used by the Empire. The Batch Bros will most likely forgive him, but will he forgive himself? 

Speaking of chips, I was really nervous when Wrecker smacked his head that his inhibitor chip was going to rear its ugly brainwashing. Thankfully it was just a plot point for him to not go dragon hunting and for him to build the room. We’ll see if he gets triggered. Honestly, second to Crosshair, Wrecker makes me nervous if his chip starts functioning. Brute strength? He’ll be a bear to take down.

I don’t know if we’ll see Ahsoka on this show, but if we do, I hope she talks to the Batch about actually teaching Omega how to defend herself. I’m sure its probably coming but if the Jedi and the Kaminoans can train children, so can they.

When the Kaminoans were talking about just needing one-made me wonder who the one is. I don’t think they help with the Palpatine clones or are messing with Force sensitivity. I wonder if they want Hunter. He’s the leader of the Bad Batch and probably the most even-headed out of all of them. And even though his skills are tracking, he’s still a good soldier. I wonder if we see a rescue of Crosshair and a capture in the same episode-or even a trade.

• Love 1