Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E12: The Raines Games

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

What a whole lot of awkwardness. Poor Jean definitely needs other people in her life besides her kids

She has people in her life. But they all take a back seat to Freddy, even her daughter and boyfriend. 

I know many parents have a golden child, but I'm getting bored with Jean's obsession with him.

• Love 2

I like Kyra, but “Mother Raines” is darned near insufferable. Annoying though Celia can be, I loved it when she stood up to Jean about Christmas. Jean is written as the kind of pushy, self-centered mom who’ll be posted about in the JustNoMIL subreddit. Just watch her wear white to Freddie‘s wedding if the wedding actually happens…

• Love 3
On 5/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, Snow Apple said:

She has people in her life. But they all take a back seat to Freddy, even her daughter and boyfriend. 

I know many parents have a golden child, but I'm getting bored with Jean's obsession with him.

I know a couple of mothers who are just as obsessed - especially their sons. I'd like to see it addressed more in the show. I think they can make it funny and real.

20 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

I like Kyra, but “Mother Raines” is darned near insufferable. Annoying though Celia can be, I loved it when she stood up to Jean about Christmas. Jean is written as the kind of pushy, self-centered mom who’ll be posted about in the JustNoMIL subreddit. Just watch her wear white to Freddie‘s wedding if the wedding actually happens…

I like Celia way more than I expected. Actually, I like all the side characters except Jean's children lol. I was happy with the way Celia spoke up without being mean about it. She does put up with a lot. 

• Love 5

Finally watched this. 
I didn't become a mother-in-law until in my mid-60s, and I've never owned a home or had a large set of matching dishes, so this may be way off base, but:
Shouldn't Celia have invited "Mother Raines" to join them at her large, extended family gathering for Christmas?

• Love 3