Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: By Dawn's Early Light

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm with Edna Mode: "No capes!"

In live action and 3D animation they just look stupid. I know with an iconic character like Superman you can't remove them, but if you have a relatively unknown comic book property, just remove the capes when you adapt something for TV/Streaming, for gods sake.

God that Sheldon guy is insufferable. Maybe if somebody is about to detonate and kill millions of people, you can take a life and your code is a load of bullshit. I'm with Spock here: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

I assume sooner or later this will all escelate and he will be proofen right and that will annoy me even more. In the real world, you sometimes have to use lethal force to defend yourself and others... from a black hole heart bomb!

Edited by Zonk
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I can't believe all of those heroes were holding back so that they wouldn't kill Blackstar, even after Blackstar killed one of their own. There code is a piece of garbage. Why didn't they just rip him out of his armor.

• Love 2

While Blackstar deserved to die,  if Paragon could hit him hard enough to cave his head in, he could have dialed it back about 30 percent and just given him a severe concussion to put him out of commission, so Utopian wasn't wrong.  But I guess in the heat of battle, shit happens.

37 minutes ago, cdnalor said:

While Blackstar deserved to die,  if Paragon could hit him hard enough to cave his head in, he could have dialed it back about 30 percent and just given him a severe concussion to put him out of commission, so Utopian wasn't wrong.  But I guess in the heat of battle, shit happens.

By that same logic, since Utopian is stronger than Paragon, Utopian should have knocked Blackstar out with one punch long before they called in the B-Squad and heroes started getting killed.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 3:55 PM, cdnalor said:

This presumes that he wasn’t dialing it back 30 percent through the rest of the fight. Most movies give the heroes an unrealistic level of control and accuracy. 

On 5/7/2021 at 4:39 PM, AnimeMania said:

By that same logic, since Utopian is stronger than Paragon, Utopian should have knocked Blackstar out with one punch long before they called in the B-Squad and heroes started getting killed.

I think that the implication is that Paragon is stronger than Utopian but was holding himself back to not break the code accidentally. 

On 5/7/2021 at 3:25 PM, AnimeMania said:

I can't believe all of those heroes were holding back so that they wouldn't kill Blackstar, even after Blackstar killed one of their own. There code is a piece of garbage. Why didn't they just rip him out of his armor.

Yep. I do like that they don’t appear to holding up the code as noble like many other shows do.

Didn’t Blackstar kill two of them? Barry, who Brandon had a scene with earlier, was burned and the unnamed one who was decapitated. And possibly the fire fist guy.

I really wasn’t impressed with the fight scenes. I’m not sure if it was the choreography, the actors or some combination of the two but it was hard to follow and not very believable. 

Edited by Guest

You can't help but compare and contrast this to The Boys on Amazon. As such I guess more family friendly. 

With that strict code I do wonder what is done with someone whose power is flaming fist?

• Love 1
On 5/9/2021 at 7:54 AM, Dani said:

I really wasn’t impressed with the fight scenes. I’m not sure if it was the choreography, the actors or some combination of the two but it was hard to follow and not very believable. 

The choreography was awful but the actors weren’t much better. They looked unfit and were slow to react. It was all poorly done.

This show overall is giving me Iron Fist flashbacks. It’s far too earnest and serious. With the exception of Leslie Bibb the acting isn’t great and the cast chemistry just isn’t there.

Sheldon is a pain in the ass. That villain ripped the head off their team mate. He ripped her head off and was about to follow through on Sheldon yet his son is the bad guy? Ugh get off your moral high ground.

• Love 2

The very first episode of Jupiter's Legacy ended with a pivotal battle between multiple superheroes and the atomic-powered Blackstar, which set up a great deal of the season's conflict. Now a new featurette showcases the process that went into shaping the battle.

Jupiter’s Legacy | Behind The Scenes: The Hilltop Battle | Netflix

It took the cast and crew of Jupiter’s Legacy almost three months of prep to bring the epic battle on the hilltop to life.

I liked the code, and the moral debate. The problem is only Prison Blackstar got it right… is there a double standard? What is the cost? The citizens seem to care more about being protected.