Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Welcome to the Hero

• Start Topic

Dave earns Calvin’s respect when he thwarts a robbery at the barbershop, until the recognition goes to his head and he starts exaggerating the truth. Also, Marty invites an anxious Gemma to give his new stress-busting hobby a try.

Airdate: 04/19/2021

There was no reason to tear apart the garden to that extent. You can gently remove the plants, sift the soil, and replant them. The soil was too dry anyway-- all the plants would be wilted. So I guess someone thought wanton destruction a garden was funny. It's like any other laugh-at-the-chaos sitcom convention. As a gardener, it was more upsetting to me than funny, but I have laighed at other chaos stories, so I know it's my problem that this one didn't hit with me,

I was surprised Calvin didn't interrupt or correct the exaggeration stories. It says he really did appreciate Dave's actions during the robbery. I always like the show more when they get along than when Calivin's insulting Dave and Dave's acting like he doesn't care about being a punching bag.

I need to remember that a tray can double as a frisbee or a weapon.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I was suprired Calvin didn't interrupt or correct the exaggeration stories. It says he really did appreciate Dave's actions during the robbery.

I think it's because  Calvin himself has a tendency to exaggarate, so he gets it. Like that episode when they got stuck in the middle of nowhere and had to hitch a ride.

My favorite part of the episode was when Dave corrected the robber when he called him Calvin's friend, as opposed to his best friend 😁

• Love 5
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

As a gardener, it was more upsetting to me than funny

To me too.  And why did no one suggest renting a metal detector?  Might have been overkill for that small space but they could have mentioned the option.

• Love 1

I'm emphatically not a plant person but yeah that was but that was not an efficient way of looking for a ring. Damn thing probably was in the dirt but she was flinging the soil around so much it flew back in the house by sheer force. 

• LOL 3