Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Lion and Lamb

paigow
  • Start Topic

That was the most batshit insane season finale I could’ve ever hoped for.

So of course the Stormcloud they’d stolen was a decoy and I totally thought it was in Mr. Pennyworth’s wheelchair. Accompanying Lord Harwood’s corpse? And then swallowing it turned Gully into some sort of Stormcloud deploying weapon. It’s... I have no words for that.

I thought there might be some sort of “dear god, what did we do, we got married because we thought we were gonna die” but Thomas and Martha seemed pretty happy. Other than Martha attempting to go rifle-toting the front lines while nine months pregnant. I had noticed that Martha had a tendency to drop a lot of F-bombs but Martha in labor? That’s pretty much all she said. 

And finally. IT’S A GIRL?!?!?!

• Love 6

I'm hoping the series gets a renewal. It almost feels like Heller and Cannon decided to lean heavily on comics level craziness in case series two was the end of the road. 

I expected Martha to lose the child so for her to actually deliver it and for it to be a girl was a nice surprise. 

Did not think we'd get a redemption arc for Gully or for him to turn into some skewed version of Mister Freeze. Also did not think the person who does the end credits would mess up James Purefoy's name (though it would be cool if he changed his name to Jame).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AngieBee1 said:

I expected Martha to lose the child so for her to actually deliver it and for it to be a girl was a nice surprise. 

Aleister Crowley will probably take the baby as payment for releasing Martha last season...

16 hours ago, AngieBee1 said:

Did not think we'd get a redemption arc for Gully or for him to turn into some skewed version of Mister Freeze.

I was highly amused at Gully sitting with a rifle in his lap and a cigarette dangling out of his mouth, clapping when Thomas and Martha got married. 

Also funny was Aziz’s officiant dialogue: “By the power vested in me, et cetera, et cetera...”

• LOL 1

That was exactly the kind of crazy I was hoping for, this season has been next level wild. I wondered if Salt gave them a fake Stormcloud, but I thought that he put it in Mr. Pennyworth's wheelchair and not in Harwoods casket. If you suicide bomb once, I guess what's a second time? Then of course the Skykes show up to kick the shit out of Salt while the guys run off to stop the bomb and then Gully decides to just eat the thing and it makes him some kind of electro hydro Mr. Freeze, because of course that's how this all went down. 

Thomas and Martha's "we're about to die" rushed marriage was quite cute, I wonder if they ever told Bruce that story? I especially loved Gully casually clapping with a giant ass gun on his lap and a cigarette dangling from his mouth. Of course Thomas and Martha wouldn't have it any other way. So wait, a girl? I have wondered if this baby wouldn't be Bruce, as Alfie, Thomas, and Martha are all still pretty young, and they could use a few more years to all get to Gotham and establish themselves there in time for that fateful night at the theater, so I wondered if Martha would miscarry. So what happens to their daughter? Its sad enough knowing that Thomas and Martha wont get many years with their son before they die, but them losing a kid is just really really sad to contemplate. 

Martha loves an F Bomb on a good day, but listening to Raven propaganda while in labor? Its all F Bombs, they could probably hear her over the tanks rolling in. 

This show is great, its the batshit crazy spiritual successor to Gotham that I always wanted, and I really hope that we get more soon. 

• Love 5

I love how this show is so subtle and allows moments to kind of happen organically. I wonder what Crowley's next move will be? Season 2 was fantastic! I'm surprised at the lack of comments here. This show is gold and i'm here for it.

Alfred goes back to Sandra. Does he really love her or is he kidding himself? I kinda feel like his heart closed up when Esme died. 

Edited by MissScarlett