Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three Speculation: Snowpiercer

• Start Topic

The spot to speculate on Season Three! Please tag spoilers, which are things not in mainstream media - example - it's been publicly announced that Jennifer Connolly will be back, so NOT a spoiler. But did you hear that

Spoiler

Nick Jonas is showing up as the new engineer which is why he is leaving The Voice?

Okay not really, but you get the idea. Although if they take my idea, I will demand compensation!

Season 3 speculation:

Due to an utterly craptacular Season 2, the show loses half its viewership and gets cancelled by season’s end.  The show ends on a cliffhanger with Layton trying to choose between Frozie and Zara, and due to cancellation, viewers will never find out.

6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I asked my Magic 8 Ball to weigh in. 

Me: Will Season 3 be better than Season 2?

Magic 8 Ball: All signs point to “NO.”

Hah.  Season 3 for sure is doomed then considering how terrible Season 2 was.  I haven't checked the ratings but I am curious to see how they compared to Season 1.

I'm not clear on where the Aquarium Car was in relation to the rest of the train, so I'm curious to see how the divide has worked out.

It looked like the section Layton and the others had was pretty small, maybe a dozen cars or fewer. They almost certainly have none of the food producing cars, and it's a safe bet that the water section is further back, given that Third Class would be working there. Do they actually have the resources they need to survive without the rest of Snowpiercer?

The only thing I can think of that might save their skins is if there is a catering kitchen close to the First Class Dining Car with a well-stocked pantry.

As far as I can see, their only advantages are that, with so few cars, they will be able to make better speed than Wilford's section, and that Josie can leave the train if repairs need to be made to the outside.

Edited by ReganX

I'm wondering if Layton is planning on passing Asha off as a survivor from the "warm area" that he is promising.  That would offer proof that what he is saying is true, and might be the type of thing to sway people into his favor.  His "Let's go live on the earth in a warm area" vs. Wilford's "Let's stay on this train under my dictatorship forever".

• Useful 2
On 2/2/2022 at 1:44 AM, rmontro said:

I'm wondering if Layton is planning on passing Asha off as a survivor from the "warm area" that he is promising.  That would offer proof that what he is saying is true, and might be the type of thing to sway people into his favor.  His "Let's go live on the earth in a warm area" vs. Wilford's "Let's stay on this train under my dictatorship forever".

I could see it.

The trailer for the season has a Layton voiceover talking about there being warm places, and the people on the train having a say in their destination. Considering that they haven’t found any places that are warm enough to be survivable, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that he might bluff to prompt an overthrow of Wilford, and then use the democratic process to buy time, in the hope that they’ll actually stumble on a survivable spot. 

• Love 1

Does anybody else think that whatever Wilford is having done to Zarah and Layton’s foetus, it’s not the Icy Bob/Frozie treatment? Or at least not only the Icy Bob/Frozie treatment?

Wilford saw Icy Bob as a tool, and the same was (is?) true of Josie. Had Icy Bob survived, or had Josie decided to side with Wilford at the end of Season Two, the plan to break off the pirate train would have failed and Wilford would most likely have full control right now. I can see how a cold-resistant adult is of use but a cold-resistant infant is well over a decade away from being of any use to him. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, ReganX said:

Does anybody else think that whatever Wilford is having done to Zarah and Layton’s foetus, it’s not the Icy Bob/Frozie treatment? Or at least not only the Icy Bob/Frozie treatment?

The only guess I have is maybe he's altered the fetus so that the baby will need a certain substance to survive, something only Wilford can provide?  To use as blackmail.

3 minutes ago, rmontro said:

The only guess I have is maybe he's altered the fetus so that the baby will need a certain substance to survive, something only Wilford can provide?  To use as blackmail.

Sounds like something he’d do. 

Or what if he did the opposite of the Icy Bob/Frozie treatment, so the baby can’t survive in anything other than a very warm environment? That would be one way to scupper Layton’s plan to find a survivable place, if the baby can only survive on Snowpiercer.