Type keyword(s) to search

Genera+ion in the Media

• Start Topic

Premieres March 11. Trailer:

The Max Original dramedy GENERA+ION debuts on HBO Max with three episodes on THURSDAY, MARCH 11. The series continues with two new episodes on March 18, two episodes on March 25 and one episode on April 1. An additional eight episodes comprising the second half of the season will debut later this year. GENERA+ION is a dark yet playful half-hour series following a diverse group of high school students whose exploration of modern sexuality (devices and all) tests deeply entrenched beliefs about life, love and the nature of family in their conservative community.

The ensemble cast includes Nathanya Alexander, Chloe East, Nava Mau, Lukita Maxwell, Haley Sanchez, Uly Schlesinger, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett and Chase Sui Wonders with Justice Smith and Martha Plimpton. Recurring guest stars include J. August Richards, Mary Birdsong, Alicia Coppola, Patricia De Leon, Diego Josef, Anthony Kevyan, Sydney Mae Diaz, John Ross Bowie, Marwan Salama, Marisela Zumbado and Sam Trammell.

Genera+ion is a dark, playful look at a group of Orange County high schoolers as they navigate modern sexuality and identity, testing the deeply entrenched beliefs of their conservative community. 
Stream the first three episodes now. New episodes air Thursdays.

Waiting to see reviews on this one.

Wonder if there's any sociological value or it's a fake sociological documentary.

Think the original season of RW vs. the last seasons.

Or think The Hills or Siesta Key.

Or maybe original Jersey Shore vs. the current JS Family Vacation?

If you look at the cast members, they're not glammed up like the kids in The Hills or Siesta Key.

So maybe it won't be scripted, relatively speaking?  Nobody is subscribing to HBO Max for this show, so it's a throw in.  So maybe less pressure to try to create fake drama.

"Genera+ion is a dark, playful look at a group of Orange County high schoolers as they navigate modern sexuality and identity, testing the deeply entrenched beliefs of their conservative community."

I've watched the first five series before even reading a description of it.  This logline doesn't reflect the series to me. I don't find it dark at all. Maybe it will get there, but I find it more playful and exuberant than other HBO  teen dramas like "We Are Who We Are" and "Euphoria".  "Generation" plays like the UK series "Skins" meets "Degrassi".

• Love 2
On 9/15/2021 at 2:31 PM, Rock73 said:

Disappointed to read about the cancellation.  It took a few episodes, but I grew to like this show and was looking forward to seeing what they would do with these characters in a second season.

Oh yeah it could’ve been good. Sorry to hear it was cancelled.