Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Roll the Dice

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With Coop performing in Las Vegas, Spencer and some of the gang take a road trip to see her and Layla on tour. Layla is nervous to see Spencer and admit how she is feeling towards him, and surprisingly Spencer also gets a little clarity on his feelings. Olivia surprises the group last minute, but she notices that Jordan and Simone are acting suspicious, so she enlists Spencer's help to see what they are up to. Meanwhile, with the urging of Coop, Patience tries stand up for herself, but JP has other plans leaving Patience stunned when she discovers the reason why.

Airdate: 03/01/2021

Well wow... Simone and Jordan  got married! That stole the episode for me that I thought would just be about Spencer/Olivia.  And they are pretending they're not married! Simone's planning to attend colleges on the other side of the country without discussing it with Jordan who doesn't even know she plays tennis? His parents will freak out.

Did anyone look or care to look for JJ? Are we to think he was trapped on the roof?  lol 

While I liked Spencer's declaration of love speech, and their flashbacks during the wedding. He cheapened the whole thing by sleeping with Layla 3 seconds later. I thought Olivia was going to turn back around and come back. 

I don't know which streets those were they were walking down shopping and Olivia was at the end, but it really wasn't the Vegas strip or Vegas period. 

• Love 1

I can't believe Jordan and Simone got married!  After last season's finale, I made a joke that I thought Jordan had been going to propose to her when he did his "hail mary" speech but that such a thing would only happen on One Tree Hill.  On that show, the couple did actually tell people after it happened and move in together.  It's so weird that there weren't any hints that Jordan and Simone are married or carrying any secret.  It does make them look even more doomed than they already did in last week's episode though.

Spencer and Olivia pretty much went down the way I figured after last week when Spencer didn't drink in the "never have I ever" game when they talked about saying you love someone and not meaning it, and they had a reaction shot of Olivia.  She should have been way more mad when she found out that Spencer got back together with Layla immediately, even though she is drinking a lot and suppressing her feelings.  Layla has every right to be pissed at Spencer, that was just awful.  She'll probably take it out just as much on Olivia even though she didn't really do anything wrong and was even joining everyone else in cheerleading for Spencer to get back together with her.  That is realistic though.

It's kind of funny that even though the flashback is supposed to be Spencer telling a story to Layla, there was all that stuff that he didn't know anything about, like Patience's plot.  I figured Lil Jewel or whatever her name is was having an affair with JP.  It's good that this was a flashback, or otherwise we wouldn't know that J.J. is okay since he did just disappear!  I liked Coop and Patience's discussion of the Spice Girls and also laughed when the "dancers" got sucked into the discussion about whether Jordan and Simone should get married.  But I laughed harder when the first commercial after all the flashbacks and montage to show that Spencer and Olivia should be together was the Progressive "romcom" ad where Flo butts in and starts talking about insurance and "I found your retainer in the dryer!"  That was good for breaking up the tension.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2021 at 11:45 PM, Artsda said:

Well wow... Simone and Jordan  got married! That stole the episode for me that I thought would just be about Spencer/Olivia.  And they are pretending they're not married! Simone's planning to attend colleges on the other side of the country without discussing it with Jordan who doesn't even know she plays tennis? His parents will freak out.

Did anyone look or care to look for JJ? Are we to think he was trapped on the roof?  lol 

While I liked Spencer's declaration of love speech, and their flashbacks during the wedding. He cheapened the whole thing by sleeping with Layla 3 seconds later. I thought Olivia was going to turn back around and come back. 

I don't know which streets those were they were walking down shopping and Olivia was at the end, but it really wasn't the Vegas strip or Vegas period. 

Okay, I got way too hot and bothered over a kiss between two high school students. But the chemistry between Spencer and Olivia was palpable. And I’ve shipped the two of them since day one. Yes, Spencer messed it up by sleeping with Layla afterward—it made me feel sorry for Layla. I’m sure she’s angry and hurt and humiliated. But it was Spencer’s responsibility to tell her what happened—not Olivia’s. 

I was surprised that Simone and Jordan went through with the wedding—I thought one of them would back out at the last minute. They do seem to love each other. But neither one has told their parents? That’s weird. 

We knew most of the Coop-Patience—JP story already, so those flashbacks weren’t all that revelatory. 

Great episode overall. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, topanga said:

Okay, I got way too hot and bothered over a kiss between two high school students. But the chemistry between Spencer and Olivia was palpable. And I’ve shipped the two of them since day one. 

To be fair all these actors are like 30, so you shouldn't feel bad lol. I looked it up one day. Typically for shows set in highschool they at least cast the teens with the actors being more around 18-22, but not this cast it was more like 28-33. I was shocked because they do look young, not high school young but they look early 20s young to me. 

This season has been strong, but this was definitely the strongest episode. It was nice to have a different setting and to finally find out what happened in Vegas. It was similar to what I thought- something happening between Liv & Spencer. I just thought it was going to be more on the physical side than emotional. I'm glad they chose the emotional route, because Spencer and Liv's connection is deep. I was definitely a Layla/Spencer shipper but I think this episode changed my mind. Spencer and Liv just have this ease with one another, a comfortableness, and such an intense connection. The flashbacks during Simone and Jordan's wedding was just spot on. It's like I realized their love for one another as they realized it. That was good writing right there especially to turn this Layla/Spencer shipper into a Liv/Spencer shipper in basically one scene. I did feel really bad for Layla though. Spencer did her dirty by sleeping with her right after his love confession to Liv. I was so disappointed in him because I have high expectations for Spencer since 99% of the time he does the right thing. I know what he did was human and a very real reaction to rejection/heartbreak, but my man Spencer is better than that lol. I guess I will let it slide since he finally came clean and is trying to do the right thing now. But no wonder his arm is acting up- it's bigger than his beef with Coop- it's all these damn secrets and him lying to himself about his feelings.

Speaking of Simone and Jordan- y'all what in the world, they are not Naley (on OTH). But this does make their silly fight on last week's episode make sooo much more sense. I was like y'all need to chill out about not knowing everything about each other- it's been like what 6 months? This brings so much clarity to that scene. 

I knew JP was sleeping with little jewl as soon as Layla asked what she was doing there so early- I was like because she woke up here duh. 

It was nice to see Patience and Coop happy in this episode. It's like I love them in theory, but honestly they are not good for each other when it comes down to it. They are constantly fighting. It is always a battle over something. That relationship would be so exhausting to be in. 

JJ is the man. He really brings some light heartedness and fun to a relatively serious drama. 

• Love 2