Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Espresso

ferjy
  • Start Topic

“I tried to punch him, but he wouldn’t let me.” 🤣  It’s not the kind of thing you wait for permission for, Julian. 

What’s the name of that salve Uncle George made? I want to make sure to avoid it AT. ALL. COSTS.

Uncle George’s “Surrender Dorothy”. Isn’t that what the Wicked Witch of the West wrote in the sky to Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz? Little Easter egg I guess. 

So the cult, are they angels, or resurrected dead? I was urging Sean “Spit it out!” but they left us guessing.  

What an ending! Was Leanne’s presence at the Marino estate to protect the family and without her they went off the rails and someone started shooting? Or is it the cult that came in and instigated the shooting, and why? Seems they’re always around in times of disaster. 

• Love 2

This show frustrates me because its short runtime makes it feel like only one plotline can be explored in each episode. There's not much progression of the overall story. Literally nothing happened in this episode. George, who arrived last episode, made a salve of his spit, mushrooms and lard. People yelled at each other. There was a shooting in another location related to the main characters, but they weren't there. The end.

If I had to listen to Dorothy shouting my name from two stories away like she shouts Sean's name 10 times an episode, I would go join the nearest cult just to get away from her.

• Love 4

This show leaves me wanting more! Already 6 episodes in season 2, and not much being answered in this episode. Julian & Sean characters are underdeveloped, and Dorothy is becoming more annoying.

Am still waiting for Sean's culinary creations, the plating & creepy ingredient (remember the eels in season 1?), it seems that the show has stopped hiring the Italian chef as their consultant for this season.

Come on show, pick-up the pace!

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 3

This episode surrounding George brings out more Qs than answers. Am hoping for a Leanne-centric episode(s) next week for more answers...

George reveals that God has given their cult members a 2nd chance at life.

Who are they? Angels who help families in need? Do they come back to life with supernatural power(s)? Leanne came to help the Turners because she thought Sean & Dorothy are truly hurting following their child's loss, then she realizes that both of them are actually trying to shut out their own guilt, hence going 180° on them.

George says Leanne is rogue and has crossed the line by bringing Jericho back.

Does this mean that Jericho who replaced the doll was not a baby stolen from somewhere, but he is the real Jericho, brought back from heaven? Leanne told Sean that Jericho cannot come back. Why can’t she bring him back to life for the 2nd time? George asks Julian why he isn’t scared of Leanne, is Leanne that dangerous? Is George genuinely scared of what Leanne might do next or try to paint her as a villain?

George claims that Leanne’s presence is an infestation as she breaks the rule of the cult (marker = insects crawling out).

He insists that Leanne must be returned to where she’s supposed to be, at Marino house. The shooting is similar to what happened at the Markham’s. Is the cult responsible for this? Is Leanne the real target, not the Marino family? Is that why George really wanted her there?

George asks Sean to pray for forgiveness.

Forgiveness for what? For leaving Dorothy alone with Jericho that fateful week? For not being truthful to Dorothy re Jericho's death & wake her up? George implies to Sean that Leanne has been cursing him (splinter in throat, burnt hand, unable to taste). Leanne’s curse really does that or those are also the manifestation of his own guilt? Sean has been kind to Leanne all this while, so can he trust her now? Julian has also warned Sean on Leanne’s soft exterior. Why Leanne only curse Sean and not Dorothy?

• Love 4

I don’t mind that we’re meant to figure things out rather than have it all handed to us. Part of the fun of watching. 

I think Leanne is a guardian angel. That’s why the shooting happened at the Marino estate. She wasn’t there to protect them. 

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I’ve never thought that post-Leanne arrival was a stolen baby. 
What about the grave in S1 that showed a Leanne had died? Was she brought back to life?

In the ‘eels’ episode, when Julian goes to the cemetery, he finds out that the real Leanne died as a little girl during the fire, along with her parents. So yeah, she was given a 2nd chance at life.

When Leanne first came to the Turner house, I thought she brought that baby with her, hid him in her luggage, a cult’s baby.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I thought Leanne had somehow changed the doll into a real baby. 

yes, she did, and since then we've been guessing whether that baby is the real Jericho or not. 

Errr, am I the only one here who thought that Leanne brought that baby from somewhere before the clue on her ability to bring back the dead was dropped on us?? 

• Love 4
On 2/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Errr, am I the only one here who thought that Leanne brought that baby from somewhere before the clue on her ability to bring back the dead was dropped on us?? 

I think everyone did, didn’t they? Before we started suspecting Leanne had special abilities, it was the only thing to think, mostly that it was her own baby (since we didn’t know about the cult yet). Even Julian said as much. 

Edited by ferjy
On 2/20/2021 at 5:59 PM, LittleIggy said:

Those roaches! Eeeek! 😬

Were they roaches? I didn’t linger on them 😬 but I thought they might be crickets. Isn’t there a bible verse about crickets that was brought up before? 

Edited by ferjy
Stay out of my way, autocorrect!
10 hours ago, ferjy said:

I think everyone did, didn’t they? Before we started suspecting Leanne had special abilities, it was the only thing to think, mostly that it was her own baby (since we didn’t know about the cult yet). Even Julian said as much. 

I never thought that.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I never thought that.

1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Me either. 

So just me and SnazzyDaisy then. 😄  I originally thought she stole a baby when she went out with the doll in the stroller. Then with more clues, I later went with the idea that it was hers that she smuggled in with her.  Is that what either of you thought? 

5 minutes ago, ferjy said:

So just me and SnazzyDaisy then. 😄  I originally thought she stole a baby when she went out with the doll in the stroller. Then with more clues, I later went with the idea that it was hers that she smuggled in with her.  Is that what either of you thought? 

No, I immediately assumed she had some kind of special powers.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

No, I immediately assumed she had some kind of special powers.

Oh ok, so you were guessing. I tend to follow the clues, especially with M. Night. He leaves almost too many of them (often very obscure). There were no clues at that point that Leanne had any special abilities. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ferjy said:

Oh ok, so you were guessing. I tend to follow the clues, especially with M. Night. He leaves almost too many of them (often very obscure). There were no clues at that point that Leanne had any special abilities. 

I agree. By that token, you could say Leanne could fly to the moon, but there were no clues to either. I like looking for the clues too. Maybe why I find it easier to enjoy the show. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ferjy said:

Were they roaches? I didn’t linger on them 😬 but I thought they might be crickets. Isn’t there a bible verse about crickets that was brought up before? 

I’m going to have to take another look at the bugs. Not that I’m looking forward to that. 😧 There was an episode last season titled Crickets. Leanne brought one back to life but I can’t remember if there was more to it.

16 hours ago, ferjy said:

Am glad am not the only one who thought that Leanne actually brought that baby to the Turners, I have started to think that am too logical to watch this show, fuhhh! 

If am not mistaken, there were 2 major clues dropped on us re Leanne's supernatural ability in mid season 1:

- a dead cricket resurrects in her presence.

- a dog springs back to life shortly after dying.

1 hour ago, ferjy said:

.......normally more clues will lead to more unanswered Qs, right?

On 2/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, LittleIggy said:

Same here!

Same. The show was clearly going for a strange, eerie, supernatural, horror type atmosphere from the very beginning so I thought she either literally changed the doll into a living baby or just conjured him out of thin air. I have never thought he was a different living baby that actually existed outside of that house before. That’s just what the characters in the show think because they don’t know they’re in a supernatural horror show.

• Love 3