Type keyword(s) to search

S02.Ep.06 Making Moves

EtheltoTillie
  • Start Topic

Airing February 16, 2021

As Lexi takes a rare break from work to go on a blind date, Bria and Matt move into their new home; Lexi's client has a big request for artwork-inspired nails that has Jen and Lexi heading to New York City for an eye-popping gallery event.

Bria is just awful, isn’t she? I can’t believe she’s only 24, it seems like she’s dealt with a whole lot of crap from Matt for someone so young. I expect that they’ll be divorced with at least 1 kid between them by 30.

Lexi is very talented and should probably have a bougie one room nail studio in Manhattan or Brooklyn. Closer to clients and far away from Suffolk county.

Lexi and Foxy are 100% keeping that salon afloat IMO. Bria’s work is not very good and is crazy expensive, I’ve been to salons in Manhattan that are half the price of color by Bria. Jen was right for once when she mentioned possibly lowering prices for a while. 

I know a lot of couples have been put in a terrible position because of Covid but Bria and Matt insisting on moving forward with this wedding with all of their baggage, the passing of her father, and Covid is just insane. They got married at Oheka Castle, which is an obscenely expensive hall. A couple from Dancing with the Stars got married there for comparison, they literally sought out the most obnoxious place they could find on the island. City hall or a brief mass would have been a significantly better choice.

• Love 5

Lexie should see if she can buy out Bria’s half of the business.  Since business is down it shouldn’t be worth that much.  Maybe her father put money aside for her like he did for Bria’s wedding.  
Bria’s excuse of not having Lexie’s talent for doing nails is not an excuse for not putting time and effort into the business. She should be calling customers, thinking up promotions to get people to come in.  

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Bria’s excuse of not having Lexie’s talent for doing nails is not an excuse for not putting time and effort into the business. She should be calling customers, thinking up promotions to get people to come in.  

At the same time, colorists are a dime a dozen compared with the artistry Lexi puts forward.  I'm seriously impressed with Lexi and feel bad that her family doesn't respect her time and effort in the salon, along with all the other nonsense.  

I do agree with Lexi that Jen is excusing far too much with Bria.  It dates back to Big Mike's passing and not knowing where the finances were.  It was imperative that everything, EVERYTHING, be delayed indefinitely until the accountants could figure out where things stood.

Additionally, with both girls now out of the house, the monstrosity of a home that Jen is now the sole occupant of needs to go.  She needs to downsize and take what might be some profit from selling the castle (or whatever it is) that she lives in and live a simpler life.  Jen may not know what the income and expenses are, but selling that place could go a long way to making them all solvent again.  Yes, I get it - memories, blah, blah, blah.  Jen doesn't have a lot of options - this one is something that could be done in the short term and make things more comfortable and less pressured for all involved.

• Love 9

Bria sucks so bad. I too am in the process of buying a home. I too am planning a wedding for next year. Guess what- my fiancé and I are both working 40+ hours a week because that is a part of life! How is Jen not telling Bria to get in the salon and get clients in her seat. Yes, Lexi is more talented and can charge more for her services but that doesn’t mean she has to do all the work!! This show makes me so sad and mad for Lexi! Get your own salon girl! 

• Love 4

Wow, Bria is certainly lucky, she is bleeding her family dry on an over the top wedding and bridal shower because her and Matthew bought a house.  What a spoiled brat, I wonder if Jen is paying for the honeymoon too.  She should have postponed, but is seems she can’t wait to be legally wed to Matthew.  Is she afraid of babies Mamma, is she afraid she will lose him again?  Sheesh, he must be really something.  BTW, I am sorry if this is mean but Bria’s nose looks like one of those pointed water cooler cups.   Jen definitely favors Bria, it is so obvious, either that or she is afraid to go against her for fear of losing her.  

I am curious, what do people here think, did Matthew tell people in High School that he slept with Jen?  I don’t think Lexi would lie.  

Lexi was so funny on that date!

Edited by LucyEth
Forgot to mention the date
  • Love 2
On 2/17/2021 at 2:24 PM, b2H said:

At the same time, colorists are a dime a dozen compared with the artistry Lexi puts forward.  I'm seriously impressed with Lexi and feel bad that her family doesn't respect her time and effort in the salon, along with all the other nonsense.  

I do agree with Lexi that Jen is excusing far too much with Bria.  It dates back to Big Mike's passing and not knowing where the finances were.  It was imperative that everything, EVERYTHING, be delayed indefinitely until the accountants could figure out where things stood.

Additionally, with both girls now out of the house, the monstrosity of a home that Jen is now the sole occupant of needs to go.  She needs to downsize and take what might be some profit from selling the castle (or whatever it is) that she lives in and live a simpler life.  Jen may not know what the income and expenses are, but selling that place could go a long way to making them all solvent again.  Yes, I get it - memories, blah, blah, blah.  Jen doesn't have a lot of options - this one is something that could be done in the short term and make things more comfortable and less pressured for all involved.

While colorists are a dime a dozen...there is also a much bigger client pool for people needing color and cuts than for getting over the top manicures like Lexi does. I know i personally get my hair colored every 3-4 weeks. Bria needs to get butts in her seat, end of discussion. Not many stylists here on Long Is

and are hurting for business. Maybe she needs to humble herself and charge normal rates.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2021 at 1:12 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

While colorists are a dime a dozen...there is also a much bigger client pool for people needing color and cuts than for getting over the top manicures like Lexi does. I know i personally get my hair colored every 3-4 weeks. Bria needs to get butts in her seat, end of discussion. Not many stylists here on Long Is

and are hurting for business. Maybe she needs to humble herself and charge normal rates.

Crossover opportunity:  bring back Tabitha Coffey!  Let her read Bria the riot act. 

Edited by GussieK
On 2/21/2021 at 12:12 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

But a really good colorist is worth her weight in gold.  I drive a long distance (mine moved) just to sit in Amanda's chair!  I realize that money might be an issue, but the minute hair salons opened back here in Texas we all flooded in to get appointments.  I don't know about the women of Long Island but we take good hair seriously here in Texas!

On 2/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, RoxiP said:

But a really good colorist is worth her weight in gold.  I drive a long distance (mine moved) just to sit in Amanda's chair!  I realize that money might be an issue, but the minute hair salons opened back here in Texas we all flooded in to get appointments.  I don't know about the women of Long Island but we take good hair seriously here in Texas!

Your point is exactly why I’m saying Bria isn’t doing something right....Long Island is the hair and nail salon Mecca....one in every strip mall...so if she is so great why is her book empty? 

• Love 1
On 2/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

Your point is exactly why I’m saying Bria isn’t doing something right....Long Island is the hair and nail salon Mecca....one in every strip mall...so if she is so great why is her book empty? 

Hard to make money if you aren't there. She might have people calling but I bet she either wasn't booking or she canceled a lot. 

And let's face it - Lexi is the draw in that salon.  I wonder if she does "normal" (I suspect her nails are not what I would wear but not the novelty nails featured on the snow) as her bread and butter m

• Love 2
On 3/1/2021 at 1:37 PM, RoxiP said:

Hard to make money if you aren't there. She might have people calling but I bet she either wasn't booking or she canceled a lot. 

And let's face it - Lexi is the draw in that salon.  I wonder if she does "normal" (I suspect her nails are not what I would wear but not the novelty nails featured on the snow) as her bread and butter m

Lexi does “normal” nails. I have an acquaintance who goes to her...a gel manicure so $160!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1