Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Leda and the Swan (2)

Jaded
  • Start Topic

The team closes in on a prime suspect in the case of an officer's assault who has been taking advantage of the system for several years; Carter and his mother discuss moving past a certain mistake; Sebastian starts a new relationship.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

Carter is such a boring character.  He's about as interesting as doorstop and he has no chemistry with the team.  They seems to being trying to make him and Hannah buddies but it's not working.  I wish they could dump him and add his mom.   Give her some plot with Rita, since she's another misfire this season.   I always liked her character.  She was an accomplished, independent woman.  Since they've made her a regular she's just an accessory to Dwayne.  

• Love 2

Honestly, I couldn't help but think the whole episode: You know, if this woman had done what any rape victim should do and go straight to the police and get a rape kit done, this guy would've gotten jailed and this other woman Amanda wouldn't be dead. But of course, then we wouldn't have a plot would we?

As a matter of fact, I could count the number of times on shows like this where there's a rape victim who actually does these basic and obvious things after being assaulted on one hand and still have fingers left over. Then there's always someone on these shows that complains that rapists keep getting away with it. A lack of actual evidence that the victims could have provided might have something to do with it.

On 2/15/2021 at 3:32 PM, Maverick said:

Carter is such a boring character.  He's about as interesting as doorstop and he has no chemistry with the team.  They seems to being trying to make him and Hannah buddies but it's not working.

It doesn't help that they've written him as this stuck up holier than thou dick the whole time he's been on the show. He can't keep the condescension out of his voice when talking to or about anyone, even his mother isn't immune.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 1

The whole story about Carter and his mother was ridiculous. Do they really think the FBI would research traffic camera footage from a DUI that he had when he was a teenager? The footage would not still be available and even the red light ticket he got around the time of the accident would not be something that would come up in that kind of a background check. And even if it all came out - would that really keep his mother from getting the position? It didn't keep him from the job at NCIS - which also required a background check.

23 hours ago, LaylaGirl said:

The whole story about Carter and his mother was ridiculous. Do they really think the FBI would research traffic camera footage from a DUI that he had when he was a teenager? The footage would not still be available and even the red light ticket he got around the time of the accident would not be something that would come up in that kind of a background check. And even if it all came out - would that really keep his mother from getting the position? It didn't keep him from the job at NCIS - which also required a background check.

Yes they would or could.  This is a high ranking Government position, they may dig or May not. Just depends.  I had secret clearance in the past and they dug pretty deep and I was low level.  They generally don’t want any surprises so they tend to go deep. Especially if they find any minOr discrepency. It just depends. My SIL work for the DOJ and they dug even deeper on her, mainly because she did not tell them she was engaged to my brother (she became engaged after submitting the documentation). 

It would not have derailed her career but it would have ruined the brothers.  

• Love 1