Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings and Scheduling

My theory is that this "cancellation" is more about the show not fitting the demographics that Nick wants, rather than actual ratings.

Maybe they can air it on TeenNick?

As long as they air Book 4 in some way, shape, or form.  Bleh.

It most likely will, it's how and when that's troubling given all the problems this series has with the network.

I really don't see the point of it, with the way they handled the scheduling and promotion, the leaks, and now the schedule changes more than halfway into this season.

Yes, the lack of promotion was pathetic. I'm not a regular watcher of Nickelodeon, so I didn't see what they were doing on the network, other than that they didn't even promote the time of the next new episode after the one they aired except at the very end of the run. Neither did they advertise on Toonami—I see a good deal of overlap between posters in this forum and in the forums of Toonami shows, so I would have thought that would have been an obvious choice. Although as Trini mentioned,  the Toonami audience might have been judged as too old for the audience Nick wanted to draw. 

Of course, they didn't even respect the show's viewers enough to let us know at the time the last episode was aired that rest of the season would only be available online, so I shouldn't be surprised. 

DVD release info:

For the first time in one collection, fans can relive every exciting element-bending moment from the worldwide phenomenon with The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series, available on DVD and Limited Edition Blu-ray December 13, 2016, just in time for the holidays! With all four books of the fan-favorite series, this 8-disc collection contains every pivotal Korra moment. From meeting Avatar Korra - a teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe - in Book One, to Korra embarking on a groundbreaking journey of self-discovery and restoring balance to the Earth Kingdom in Book Four, every Korra battle and adventure is now available in one place!

The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series contains all 52 episodes from this one-of-a-kind television series. That's over 20 hours of air, earth, water and firebending fun! Produced by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series will be available for the suggested retail price of $42.99 (DVD) and $47.99 (Blu-ray). In addition, The Limited Edition Blu-ray includes selections from The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series as a special gift with purchase!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Legend-Korra-The-Complete-Series/22704

• Love 1