Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Group A Playoffs - So You Think You Can Mask?

• Start Topic

I thought "back to one" was way too obvious a clue which is why I thought that Cricket couldn't possible be Brian McKnight! I laughed my ass off when BAG didn't get the 90210 clue and then remembered Brian McKnight had a song on the 90210 soundtrack, only to have Brian McKnight remind him that HE WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW. Maybe that was when David was secretly dipping into Kelly's boyfriend's stash of cocaine so he doesn't remember any of that.

For any younguns who don't know who Brian McKnight is, this is his most well known song which was referenced in the clue package. It peaked at number 2 in 1999. He has been nominated for 16 Grammys but has never won.

(edited)

Based on this week's clues, I was learning towards Exotic Bird being Jennifer Lopez. The "hips don't lie" clue pointed to Shakira who performed with J Lo at the Super Bowl last year. Despite what Ashley thinks, there is no way that Exotic Bird is Shakira. First of all, the body type is all wrong and secondly, Shakira is 5'2" and whoever it was did not look super tiny standing next to Craig. The big feather bustle could be hiding J Lo's booty. I wish they would remind us of the previous week's clues because I can't keep them all straight.

I enjoyed Cricket's Montell Jordan routine. The choreography was still simple but he performed it well and was having a good time so I think he found the sweet spot with his choreographer where he felt very comfortable at this level of dancing. I loved that he stayed in character as a cricket even when interacting with the judges. I was shaking my head at the Michael Phelps guess because he is REALLY tall and he didn't tower over Craig.

Have any of the judges considered that the Hammerhead costume has some padding and that the muscles aren't completely real? I laughed when someone suggested that it was Ryan Seacrest and that "he had the height." Ryan Seacrest is like 5'7". I'm still going with a professional wrestler or other athlete for this dancer. It's someone who is coordinated but not a dancer. When Paula guessed it was Mike from Jersey Shore, it made me wonder if it was the Miz (apparently most of my knowledge comes from reality shows).

Tulip seems to have some dance training since she was trying her best to point her feet in those shoes. I was trying to figure out what the pyramid clue was about. That was one of the few clues that seemed useful. A moon? Chalk? I don't think she's a gymnast though. Her shoulders aren't very wide and her body shape in general doesn't seem like a recent gymnast. And FYI for Rob, it's not just gymnasts who can arch their backs. Dancers, skaters, and people who do yoga can also lean back like that. But there's no way it's Simone Biles (sorry not sorry, BAG). If you watch any gymnastics, you've seen her in a leotard which means you've seen her shoulders and arms which look nothing like Tulip's.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

The Tulip is likely a Dance Mom girl from the ALDC clue. The pyramid refers to the way the girls were ranked each week trying to be at the top of the pyramid. It's probably McKenzie because she is on Tic Toc. She has acted and sings along with dance.

4 hours ago, Schagwin said:

The Tulip is likely a Dance Mom girl from the ALDC clue. The pyramid refers to the way the girls were ranked each week trying to be at the top of the pyramid. It's probably McKenzie because she is on Tic Toc. She has acted and sings along with dance.

I was also thinking MacKenzie or Maddie.  Last week, I thought of Maddie since I didn't know if MacKenzie tapped and I knew that Maddie did.  MacKenzie did more acro and hip-hop on the show.  She also was really good doing hip-hop in the DWTS Juniors finale.  Based on doing acro when she was young, her back is very flexible.  Also, the tulip strikes me as a trained dancer but not a trained ballet dancer because of her feet.

I laughed at the Michael Phelps suggestions.  He's not just tall but his arms are very long.  At least, Ryan Lochte isn't as tall and he did do DWTS.  The clues did point to Brian McKnight.  He was better this week since he did more old school recreational dance moves.

ETA - In Masked Singer, singers sometimes try to disguise their voice or they choose a genre that they don't normally sing.  But you can still tell that they are good singers.  So I'm waiting for the sloth to do some ballroom because otherwise you can't really tell how good Maks really is.

Edited by realdancemom
On 1/21/2021 at 5:31 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I enjoyed Cricket's Montell Jordan routine. The choreography was still simple but he performed it well and was having a good time so I think he found the sweet spot with his choreographer where he felt very comfortable at this level of dancing. I loved that he stayed in character as a cricket even when interacting with the judges. I was shaking my head at the Michael Phelps guess because he is REALLY tall and he didn't tower over Craig.

Did some googling. It turns out that Michael and Brian McKnight are both 6'4".  Cricket was a little taller than Craig.  I still say that I didn't think it was Michael because of his wing span.  Ryan L. and Craig are 6'2".

I was also thinking MacKenzie or Maddie.  Last week, I thought of Maddie since I didn't know if MacKenzie tapped and I knew that Maddie did.  MacKenzie did more acro and hip-hop on the show.  She also was really good doing hip-hop in the DWTS Juniors finale.  Based on doing acro when she was young, her back is very flexible.  Also, the tulip strikes me as a trained dancer but not a trained ballet dancer because of her feet.

I was originally thinking Tulip was Maddie for sure but I am going with MacKenzie now.   Her word up clue was "princess" and MacKenzie voiced the lead in "Ice Princess Lily".   She may be hard for these judges to guess since she's not as well known as some of the other celebs.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2021 at 6:52 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought "back to one" was way too obvious a clue which is why I thought that Cricket couldn't possible be Brian McKnight! I laughed my ass off when BAG didn't get the 90210 clue and then remembered Brian McKnight had a song on the 90210 soundtrack, only to have Brian McKnight remind him that HE WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW. Maybe that was when David was secretly dipping into Kelly's boyfriend's stash of cocaine so he doesn't remember any of that.

For any younguns who don't know who Brian McKnight is, this is his most well known song which was referenced in the clue package. It peaked at number 2 in 1999. He has been nominated for 16 Grammys but has never won.

I've always loved this song along with Anytime and The only one for me