Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Anonymous

Airing on January 19, 2021:

The team searches for a young woman who is heading down a deadly path of vengeance, using ties to an online radical conspiracy organization to further her cause. Also, Barnes must make a life-changing decision, finding it hard to not let the dark side of her job affect her.

• Love 1

Plot was confusing.

So Eva posed as an up and coming loyal follower for the SOJ, killed the bakery couple (falsely accused for selling babies) in order to gain entrance to SOJ's circle and obtain a bomb to kill her rapist. Then kidnaps the bartender just to get her server uniform and car. For a moment, I thought she cut her to make a wig.

Was needing a bomb and the first 45 minutes of the show necessary? It was made clear Eva knows how to find people. She had a gun/knife, could have saved time by just finding Yates' home address and get him there.

When she finally had the opportunity to pop Yates, she shoots the father instead (show never tells if he survived). Now she's in jail and Yates (probably lost his job or has good lawyers/PR to clear his name) is still free. 

The one who got it worse was Bethany for taking the money and keep quiet.

Nice to see Barnes get make the "talk down speech" at the end and Jess was quiet.

When Jess and others arrived at Arcadia Oaks, there were state police and an ambulance there already just standing around. One cop had to ask Jess: "What is going on?" Isn't that what radios are for (to call ahead) or send a picture of Eva? Of course, gun shot, and now let's rush in. Seems this situation could have been prevented/ handled better. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

This was a pretty good episode - I liked the twists and turns it took, it started out looking like it would be all about crazy conspiracies and then it turned into the perp seeking revenge. I didn’t exactly feel sympathy for the perp, because she killed 3 innocent people, but I was sort of hoping she would kill her rapist and his father, they were human garbage, and I did find it very unsatisfying how we didn’t know if Yates would be held accountable for his crimes at the end, I was hoping they would be able to arrest him, but they left it open ended, they also left it open ended whether the father survived. I didn’t like that part.

I liked that Barnes got more of a focus, I like her, and everyone was good in this episode, even though the team did seem short handed without Clinton, I wonder when he will be back and why the actor was absent? 

Overall this was a good episode but I wish they had cleared some stuff up at the end. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Nice to see Barnes get make the "talk down speech" at the end and Jess was quiet.

I would have liked it more if she didn't leave her gun on top of the cupboard instead of locking it somewhere the minute she took it off. As she did this immediately after watching her daughter in the other room, it felt very jarring. They are usually very careful to show guns being stored away as an example.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, meira.hand said:

I would have liked it more if she didn't leave her gun on top of the cupboard instead of locking it somewhere the minute she took it off. As she did this immediately after watching her daughter in the other room, it felt very jarring. They are usually very careful to show guns being stored away as an example.

The camera stayed on the gun for a few seconds. I hope it was not foreshadowing to something disastrous.

• Love 2