Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Group B Playoffs - These Masks Don't Lie!

• Start Topic

The second group of dancers return for the group B finals, where they will move and groove with a whole new set of clues; one is unmasked and the remaining three move on to the super six.

Original air date: 1/13/21

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
(edited)

Last week I thought the Sloth was NPH but I'm switching my answer to Maks from DWTS. Moving when he was a kid, the "maximum _______" sign, and his leading man clue on top of last week's hints about Broadway and Glee all make sense.

I would have been fine with Miss Moth or the Zebra being eliminated this week. I have no idea why the judges think the Zebra is a good dancer. Two weeks in a row, he did very little dancing. I can't stand Mario Lopez, but he can dance way better than that (I still remember seeing the old scenes of him as a backup dancer on Kids, Inc. and even as a teenager he was a better dancer than the Zebra is) so whichever judge guessed that is crazy. Was he the one who had the UFC clue? Mr. EB guessed Canelo before Paula brought up the cinnamon translation.

Last week I thought Cotton Candy was Julianne Hough but I was starting to lean towards a gymnast during this week's clues. But then she mentioned something about ice which made me think it was an ice skater. It's common for ice skaters and gymnasts to move away from their families to they can train with an elite coach, which would fit with last week's clue about how she moved in with another family when she was very young. She looks petite in stature which would also fit a lot of gymnasts and ice skaters.

Even though BAG guessed correctly, he is still useless. I couldn't believe he threw in the old "I have four kids" thing to connect the dots to Elizabeth Smart. I thought it was weird that Paula guessed it was Kathy Griffin. Miss Moth was as tall as Craig and Kathy Griffin is much shorter than that. Anyway, I read Elizabeth Smart's book and I wish her nothing but the best. I'm glad she decided to do something fun like this show.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Last week I thought the Sloth was NPH but I'm switching my answer to Maks from DWTS. Moving when he was a kid, the "maximum _______" sign, and his leading man clue on top of last week's hints about Broadway and Glee all make sense.

All the sports balls (partnership with Erin) reflected in a mirror (mirror ball), the 18 on the movie clapboard (the season he won with Meryl), down on his knee proposing (Peta) and baby Sloth (Shai). It's definitely him. I just haven't figured out the boombox over his head clue yet!

I hope he gets to let loose and really dance before this is all over!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I would have been fine with Miss Moth or the Zebra being eliminated this week. I have no idea why the judges think the Zebra is a good dancer. Two weeks in a row, he did very little dancing. I can't stand Mario Lopez, but he can dance way better than that (I still remember seeing the old scenes of him as a backup dancer on Kids, Inc. and even as a teenager he was a better dancer than the Zebra is) so whichever judge guessed that is crazy. Was he the one who had the UFC clue? Mr. EB guessed Canelo before Paula brought up the cinnamon translation.

Last week I thought Cotton Candy was Julianne Hough but I was starting to lean towards a gymnast during this week's clues. But then she mentioned something about ice which made me think it was an ice skater. It's common for ice skaters and gymnasts to move away from their families to they can train with an elite coach, which would fit with last week's clue about how she moved in with another family when she was very young. She looks petite in stature which would also fit a lot of gymnasts and ice skaters.

Even though BAG guessed correctly, he is still useless. I couldn't believe he threw in the old "I have four kids" thing to connect the dots to Elizabeth Smart. I thought it was weird that Paula guessed it was Kathy Griffin. Miss Moth was as tall as Craig and Kathy Griffin is much shorter than that. Anyway, I read Elizabeth Smart's book and I wish her nothing but the best. I'm glad she decided to do something fun like this show.

Yes, after Toones464 mentioned Maks last week, the clues do fit him.  The sloth moves like him when he's goofing off too.

The zebra is not a good dancer.  I don't know why the judges think he is.

I can see cotton candy being an ice skater.

Last week, I thought the moth was Marla Maples because of the clues given last week.  This week, I did think she was Elizabeth Smart based on the clues.  She also plays the harp beautifully so I was convinced when she said that she plays an instrument and didn't have black hair.

It's weird that they showed Group B again instead of Group A.  Since they showed how the final 6 is determined, it doesn't look like there is a Group C.

Edited by realdancemom
3 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Yes, after Toones464 mentioned Maks last week, the clues do fit him.  The sloth moves like him when he's goofing off too.

The zebra is not a good dancer.  I don't know why the judges think he is.

I can see cotton candy being an ice skater.

Last week, I thought the moth was Marla Maples because of the clues given last week.  This week, I did think she was Elizabeth Smart based on the clues.  She also plays the harp beautifully so I was convinced when she said that she plays an instrument and didn't have black hair.

It's weird that they showed Group B again instead of Group A.  Since they showed how the final 6 is determined, it doesn't look like there is a Group C.

I think they find the zebra entertaining.

I think Cotton Candy is someone from gymnastics.

Although I could definitely see Elizabeth Smart this week (EAS, Brigham Young University, salt for Salt Lake City, Queen Elizabeth) last week I swore serit was Monica Lewinsky (the desks from where the notorious acts took place, blue dress, scandal/controversy, front page with president, plant that I thought could represent tobacco/cigar, forced into the spotlight, clothes symbolizing Monica's foray into fashion design, etc). The clues from last week and the ones from this week didn't all necessarily fit together for her. 

I have some issues with the way that her ultra religious family handled the aftermath of the kidnapping/rapes, but I have MUCH respect for ES. She's done some good work. It was nice to see her do something "fun."

• Love 1