Type keyword(s) to search

The Bo Brady Thread

• Start Topic

Not that I blame him, but why is Bo punching Rafe in that one clip. Rafe looks like he's tied up. Does anyone remember the back story there?

Bo Brady is one of the few male characters on this show I truly love. When I first started watching Days in the early/mid 90s, the recast Bo was in the role. I remember thinking he was a secret Alamain because I thought he was evil, lacked a emotional connection to everyone around him, and always seemed on the verge of murdering someone. I obviously was wrong.

Reckell's Bo is one of my favorite soap heroes ever. I love his relationship with Hope, he was usually portrayed as an effective cop - I said usually not always. And he had a connection with people that truly made me believe he was willing to die for the people he loved. The only time I remember disliking him was after Zack's death when he helped Chelsea cover her role in the death. I also remember being perturbed with him helping Sami to cover up shooting E.J. in the head. However, in the 2 or more decades watching his character, if those are the only times I disliked a soap vet, then I consider that a success.

Bo/John are one of my favorite soap friendships.

Bo/Marlena is another great soap friendship.

Bo/Hope are one of my favorite soap couples and my favorite supercouple of all soaps. (There are other couples I like equally but they aren't supercouples).

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Bo Brady is one of the few male characters on this show I truly love. When I first started watching Days in the early/mid 90s, the recast Bo was in the role. I remember thinking he was a secret Alamain because I thought he was evil, lacked a emotional connection to everyone around him, and always seemed on the verge of murdering someone. I obviously was wrong.

I absolutely hated recast Bo.  I always thought they should have written Bo off when Peter left.. A perfect story would have been Lawrence making it look like Hope was alive to get Bo out of town so he could have Carly for himself. 

• Love 1

How did I just see this thread?! My all time favorite character EVER! 

On 1/9/2021 at 3:59 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Yup I think it is. They're at a bar. He drives her off on his bike...calls her Lady X.

He had the best beard and hair in those early days, didn't he?

YouTube is such a treasure trove of goodness! Here is the iconic clip from 1983

Bo Meets Hope 

• Love 2
On 1/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, 4evaQuez said:

Bo/Hope are one of my favorite soap couples and my favorite supercouple of all soaps. (There are other couples I like equally but they aren't supercouples).

Are you on facebook?  There is a brand new Bope FB group ,  a lot of viewers are reliving the glory days of Bope during the pandemic and also with the departure of KA. 

Edited by Mckinnonsgirl
  • Love 1

What would you say was the best story Bo got? What was his worst?

I'll go ahead and assume the Mime Sex twist was the worst...

...though I thought his 50th Anniversary return was bad simply because it was overkill. He couldn't have been locked up and tortured through all of Ciara's teen years...and then he gets to murder Aiden, who is distorted to make it easier to root for Bo, and then Bo just...dies.

If Peter had stayed for two or three months after his return and then Bo had died, it would have at least felt less rushed.

I loved all of his stories with Hope all the way up to her death in 1991 during the cruise of deception.  They had too much good stories to choose from but if I had to choose it would be Bo and Hope in New Orleans.  This may be unpopular but Bo and Hope were never the same after she came back from the dead. They got too many awful stories by writers who hated them full stop.

I loved his stories with Carly, I loved their love story in hindsight Carly was a MarySue, I get why her haters hated her but I loved her anyway. Bo/Carly in Mexico was awesome.. Bo and Carly should have had a son together.

I hated all of his stories with Billie.  There is no way Bo would ever pick Billie over Hope, no way!  but JER had to write Bo out of character to push his Bo/Billie agenda. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
On 1/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, 4evaQuez said:

Not that I blame him, but why is Bo punching Rafe in that one clip. Rafe looks like he's tied up. Does anyone remember the back story there?

Wasn't there a stupid storyline with a look-alike Rafe, or like a bad dude wearing a Rafe mask, or something like that?  And he was a Dimera henchman doing bad deeds?  That's probably who Bo is punching once they caught him.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It looks like a manipulated image to me. I think someone inserted Rafe into that shot. He looks the wrong size.

But it made me smile.

No, I don't think so, it's real.  It's just poor quality because it's a .gif.

2012:  "In fact EJ and Stefano had Rafe kidnapped and replace with impostor of Rafe. He lost his memory after Stefano drug him and whipping his memory however Rafe escape and got back to Sami revealing what EJ and his father did. They capture the fake Rafe and held him so they could get informal. Later Bo and Hope, Rafe and Sami expose the whole scheme."  (Horrendous grammar and spelling in the original, not mine. 😉 )

https://daysofourlives.fandom.com/wiki/Rafe_Hernandez

On 11/4/2022 at 11:42 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I am dreading his return, if he does. I don't trust that they actually have any good stories in mind for him. It'll be Jack all over again, maybe with Megan this time in the Eve role.

Peter Reckell is a much better actor, though. He might be able to make it work. 

• Useful 1